Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intro & bolt holding the oil cooler flange in place

Hi,

Folks haven't been on the forum for a while but as it is getting cold here in Newfoundland Canada it's time to do some work on my old bike. Which is a moto martin xs1100 with a chain conversion (80's cafe racer similar concept as bimota).

Presently putting the motor back together after having replaced bearings etc. It was 24 years ago since I last worked on this and now I cant seem to find the bloody bolt which holds the oil cooler adapter plate in place. Any good ideas where I can find one as there is nothing on ebay and also bike bandit does not seem to have it listed.

Thanks in adv

Welcome

Welcome and would love to help you out. As I dont have your oil cooler, a discription of what you need would help (ie, lenth, size, thread, hollow with oil flow etc

Originally posted by turbo2 View Post
    Hi,

Folks haven't been on the forum for a while but as it is getting cold here in Newfoundland Canada it's time to do some work on my old bike. Which is a moto martin xs1100 with a chain conversion (80's cafe racer similar concept as bimota).

Presently putting the motor back together after having replaced bearings etc. It was 24 years ago since I last worked on this and now I cant seem to find the bloody bolt which holds the oil cooler adapter plate in place. Any good ideas where I can find one as there is nothing on ebay and also bike bandit does not seem to have it listed.

Thanks in adv
    1979 XS1100 Special (Mad Max, OEM) Current
    1980 XS1100 Special
    1990 V Max
    1982 KZ750 LTD Twin
    1986 700 FZR Yamaha Fazer (faster then expected)
    1979 XS750 Special (my 1st Special)
    1974 CB750-Four

Past/pres Car's
    1961 Catalina 389/1970 Torino GT 351/1967GTO 12to1 comp./ Roller cam/ T-10/ 456 gear/Tri-power/1967 GTO 400, 1969 Camaro, 1968 Z28, 2001 BMW M Roadster 0 to 60 in 4.5 sec. Jaguar XK8

Comment

Is it part #7 you need?

2H7 (79)
      3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Bolt

This may work #7, part #90401-20089-00 all others I found are NLA, click on the last link on the page

http://www.google.com/search?source=...l0l94l94l1l1l0

Hi,

Thanks in adv
        Last edited by XS1100_OEM4ME; 12-15-2011, 10:57 AM.
        1979 XS1100 Special (Mad Max, OEM) Current
        1980 XS1100 Special
        1990 V Max
        1982 KZ750 LTD Twin
        1986 700 FZR Yamaha Fazer (faster then expected)
        1979 XS750 Special (my 1st Special)
        1974 CB750-Four

Past/pres Car's
        1961 Catalina 389/1970 Torino GT 351/1967GTO 12to1 comp./ Roller cam/ T-10/ 456 gear/Tri-power/1967 GTO 400, 1969 Camaro, 1968 Z28, 2001 BMW M Roadster 0 to 60 in 4.5 sec. Jaguar XK8

Comment

Thanks folks, yes it is No 7 in the diagram.

On a different subject would anyone out there know where I could find timing/valve lash details for an old set of Norris cams which I found in a box. as understand Norris is no longer in business.

Comment

On a different subject would anyone out there know where I could find timing/valve lash details for an old set of Norris cams which I found in a box. as understand Norris is no longer in business.
            You might try looking under an 81H model as that oil cooler was a stock part on them, and just MIGHT be available under there. It might not, but if you look under there (the Venturer) you just might find the part since it was at least a standard part on all of them.

Never mind. I just checked, that bolt and the plate itself are a couple of the parts (including the hoses) that are NLA.
            Last edited by cywelchjr; 12-15-2011, 06:06 PM. Reason: Information update
            Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
            Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
            Vetter Windjammer IV
            Vetter hard bags & Trunk
            OEM Luggage Rack
            Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
            Spade Fuse Box
            Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
            750 FD Mod
            TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
            XJ1100 Front Footpegs
            XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

If nobody has an extra one, you can get a new reproduction union bolt ($19.95) that will fit the XS engine. It is also used to convert smaller cc XJ bikes to an oil cooler set-up. Contact Chacal over on the XJbikes.com forum. It is P/N HCP3165 about 2/3 the way down the page in section E. Original Yamaha P/N is 90401-20089-00.

http://xjbikes.com/Forums/viewtopic/.../start=15.html
              Last edited by bikerphil; 12-15-2011, 09:07 PM.
              2H7 (79)
              3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

was going to suggest u try the aussie/uk ebay
                as the oil coolers came out stock for those models,
                but i think phil has u better covered.
                pete

new owner of
                08 gen2 hayabusa

former owner
                1981 xs1100 RH (aus) (5N5)
                zrx carbs
                18mm float height
                145 main jets
                38 pilots
                slide needle shimmed .5mm washer
                fitted with v/stax and uni pod filters

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pA8dwxmAVA&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL[/url]

Comment

You'll get one on eBay UK or Germany, dead easy.
                  XS1100F 1980 European model. Standard. Dyna coils. Iridium plugs. XS750 final drive (sometimes). Micron fork brace. Progressive front springs. Geezer regulator/rectifier. Stainless 4 into 2 exhaust. Auto CCT (Venturer 1300) SOLD. New project now on the go. 1980 European model.

Comment

Working...
                  X