Standard seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Standard seats

I need a new seat for my '79f I looked in a catalogue from a welsh company called MandP who listed one for XS1100e and checked brochure photos of both models on this site, they look identical. Can anybody tell me what, if any the difference between the seats for these two models are???
    ThUmPeR!

If I remember correctly, 78 and 79 seats are identical, but if in doubt I believe you can check the Yamaha parts catalogue at
    http://www.yamaha-motor.com/
    1979 XS11F Standard - Maya - 1196cc (out of order)
    1978 XS11E Standard - Nina - 1101cc
    http://www.livejournal.com/~xs11

Comment

If there is a difference it's in the seat pans. They are shaped differently to clear the ignition box.
      My 78 has the box on the rear fender.
      I read a post where someone put on a different year seat and had ig. box clearance problem, he just moved the box and was in fine shape.
      Pat Kelly
      <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
      1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
      2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
      1999 Suburban (The Ship)
      1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
      1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

My '79F has the ignition box on the tail also - I *believe* they moved it to the same place as the special in '80 for the standards.
        1979 XS11F Standard - Maya - 1196cc (out of order)
        1978 XS11E Standard - Nina - 1101cc
        http://www.livejournal.com/~xs11

Comment

It's a good thing I looked in on this one. I was the one who mounted a different seat on my standard. A '79F on my '78E. I moved the ignition box to the inner plastic fender near the cross member. The box doesn't ground out on the rear fender anyway and I haven't had any ignition problems. I just drilled 2 holes and used the old screws to tap the plastic. When you first put it on, it looks like the fender curves too much, but it will flex and allow for a pretty good mount. But if you do decide to use that seat, you HAVE to move the box, otherwise the seat will create pressure on the top of the box and may damage it.
          Tony K.
          TonimusMaximus
          Big Angry Scot - Clan Maxwell
          New 1978 XS11E Owner

Comment

There are two seats on e-bay right now. Later 'dog

Comment

hi there is a seat for sale on www.xs100.co.uk mike farnworth has got one it looks in good con give him a email.

Comment

Yeah trying all sorts to get a seat. Would be happy if I could just get the side trims and fixing bolts for the seat they're the only things making mine look tatty (well, one's completely rotten) is there anywhere in the states sells these new they're unavailable in the UK as far as I know????
                ThUmPeR!

Comment

there have been two on ebay that have been brand new that were taken of bikes when the customers have wanred them king and queen type seats,did you ring mike?also ring d and k they might be able to get one they have an office in japan to get stuff.

Comment

thumper,stuart has got a seat for sale,check it out as he is in the uk.

Comment

Working...
                    X