Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And then there were 6

Hi Folks.

At risk of being ultra-boring, I want to let you know that I now have only 6 LHS rear wheel bearings left. I've listed them all on the eBay US site, although anyone can order one from anywhere in the world. The listing is: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2208957645...84.m1555.l2649

Once these bearings go, that will be the entire stock of 100 sold. As I've mentioned before, I just cannot get hold of any more because the minimum quantity is 5,000 on future orders and I can't ask for another favour from my Japanese ex-student.

So, XSives.... if you're one of the people with these bearings on your eBay watch list, and haven't bought one, you may wish to now. I have no more after this. It's nice to think that, across the world, there are 94 bikes with nice new bearings!

Best regards to all

James
    XS1100F 1980 European model. Standard. Dyna coils. Iridium plugs. XS750 final drive (sometimes). Micron fork brace. Progressive front springs. Geezer regulator/rectifier. Stainless 4 into 2 exhaust. Auto CCT (Venturer 1300) SOLD. New project now on the go. 1980 European model.

I mean 5

Five left now! Another one winging its way across the pond. That means 95 bikes with nice new bearings
    XS1100F 1980 European model. Standard. Dyna coils. Iridium plugs. XS750 final drive (sometimes). Micron fork brace. Progressive front springs. Geezer regulator/rectifier. Stainless 4 into 2 exhaust. Auto CCT (Venturer 1300) SOLD. New project now on the go. 1980 European model.

Comment

Technically its still 94 James, I bought mine as a spare so I can fully refurbish my touring build next year with my current one.

When the zombie apocalypse comes will these bearings become currency? Get yours before the supply of unobtanium runs dry folks!

John
      John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
      '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
      Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

Originally posted by jwhughes3 View Post
        Technically its still 94 James, I bought mine as a spare so I can fully refurbish my touring build next year with my current one.

When the zombie apocalypse comes will these bearings become currency? Get yours before the supply of unobtanium runs dry folks!

John
        Dang! I didn't think that! Mind you...94 bikes. I wonder just how many there are left in the entire world? I'd love to know how many were actually made, although nobody seems to know.....

Yes, I've vanquished Captain Unobtanium....... for now. But, already he is marshalling his Force of Unobtainability and concentrating the evil beam on OEM LHS rear wheel bearings, which collapse under the strain, leaving their hapless riders without their trusty steeds, calling for help from the mighty Wizard England. Well... something like that.... if you know what I mean. Gotta go, time for my injection
        Last edited by James England; 11-26-2011, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Looks like the one I've had for over a year is just a spare too John............if ya got it, ya won't need it...........like that kinda prevention, and may allow the Bentley to run me another 80,000miles without changing..........but doubt I'll be able to throw a leg over a scoot by then.....
          81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
            Looks like the one I've had for over a year is just a spare too John............if ya got it, ya won't need it...........like that kinda prevention, and may allow the Bentley to run me another 80,000miles without changing..........but doubt I'll be able to throw a leg over a scoot by then.....
            Yes, they're like a magic talisman. Possessing one means your OEM bearing will never fail. Not possessing a spare means your OEM will fail.......

Comment

Talisman

Great Wizard,

May I have a magic battery talisman that I may never run out of juice?

Or a gasoline talisman?

John

Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

Comment

I think I was one of the recent ones. Mine is on the way. Figured it was cheap insurance not to ever need it. I just hope I don't lose it! Thanks for making them available!
                Bothell, WA
                1980 XS1100SG

Comment

Originally posted by jwhughes3 View Post
                  Great Wizard,

May I have a magic battery talisman that I may never run out of juice?

Or a gasoline talisman?

John
                  My powers are only effective against the evil Force of Unobtanium. Batteries and gasoline are so readily obtainable (albeit expensive here in the UK at $8 a gallon), that my powers are ineffective. When the world is down to its last 100 gallons of gas, then I will battle once again against Captain Unobtanium...

ONLY 4 LEFT NOW......

Comment

Just ordered one, down to 3.
                    82J · 81SH · 79SF Fire Damage · 78E · 79F Parts Bike · 04 Buell Blast
                    Website/Blog

Comment

If you get stuck

with one you cannot sell, I'll take one more. I have a spare already but I'm still looking for an E to restore next year. Need to complete the stable. It really is a disease I think.
                      Mack
                      mack
                      79 XS 1100 SF Special
                      HERMES
                      original owner
                      http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps6932d5df.jpg

81 XS 1100 LH MNS
                      SPICA
                      http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/ad305/mack-055/2.jpg

78 XS 11E
                      IOTA
                      https://youtu.be/wB5Jfbp6SUc
                      https://youtu.be/RaI3WYHSuWA

Have recovery trailer and shop if you breakdown in my area.
                      Frankford, Ont, Canada
                      613-398-6186

Comment

And contagious!

Spread the Plague! Restore an XS!

John

Comment

Originally posted by mack View Post
                          with one you cannot sell, I'll take one more.
                          It's highly unlikely I'll not be able to sell, Mack.If you want another one, go for it asap, as there are only 3 left now....... Like you, I've kept a couple for future bikes. I don't think it's a disease...more like an addiction

Comment

Originally posted by Prothec View Post
                            Just ordered one, down to 3.
                            Yep, I just packed up the bearing and it's now on its way to you, described as a 'used bike bearing' and a GIFT worth £2.... just to keep the customs people from interfering. They usually take 10 days to get to the USA but it's Thanksgiving so may take a little longer this week....

Comment

Any more left? I PMd you a few days ago but haven't heard. I'll take it if you have one more. Thank you.
                              '79 XS11 Special, fork gaiters, Uni pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, ditched the octy, solo seat, T kat fork brace

Purrs like a kitten, runs like a scalded cat

Comment

Working...
                              X