Headlight Delimna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlight Delimna

I'm in the process of putting my "80" SG back to original after a couple other PO's did ther thing includig a Vetter Faring. Anyway, from what I can tell, the original headlight mounts ae still on the bike (were ty-rapped together behind the faring) but they look off-set to me. If I imagine a headlight between the mounts, it would have to be non-symetrical to be able to be centered between the upper forks. I can't find a close-up of the headlight. What's the story?

http://s213.photobucket.com/albums/c...t=DSC00349.jpg
    Can't beat the smell of gas & oil

The left one is bent.... (right in the pic). The other one looks to be OK, but may be tweaked a bit too.
    Fast, Cheap, Reliable... Pick any two

'78E original owner - resto project
    '78E ???? owner - Modder project FJ forks, 4-piston calipers F/R, 160/80-16 rear tire
    '82 XJ rebuild project
    '80SG restified, red SOLD
    '79F parts...
    '81H more parts...

Other current bikes:
    '93 XL1200 Anniversary Sportster 85RWHP
    '86 XL883/1200 Chopper
    '82 XL1000 w/1450cc Buell, Baker 6-speed, in-progress project
    Cage: '13 Mustang GT/CS with a few 'custom' touches
    Yep, can't leave nuthin' alone...

Comment

Thanks, I see it now, right by the end where the bolt would go through. I was looking for a bend at the other end and couldn't see any buckle in the metal so I figured it had to have been made that way. I got it straightened out. Amazing how a person can study something like that and not see the "light of day".
      Can't beat the smell of gas & oil

Comment

Just keep in mind though that the ears are not "straight" they do have a outward bend in them to get them out far enough to go around the bucket and then go straight out after that.
        Nathan
        KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
        K&N Filter
        #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
        OEM Exhaust
        ATK Fork Brace
        LED Dash lights
        Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
        SS Brake Lines
        Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Working...
        X