round rubber gaskets in fuel petcocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• round rubber gaskets in fuel petcocks

looking for the round rubber gaskets in my fuel petcocks.cant seem to find thread on subject.Are they still available new?My scoot is an 82 1100 maxim. Thanks in advance for any help.
    1982 XJ 1100
    going strong after 60,000 miles

The new and not yet improved TRIXY
    now in the stable. 1982 xj11, 18,000miles

I don't know if you can get the gaskets alone, but there is a guy selling the petcock repair kits on eBay. Do a search for XJ1100 (no spaces). He has two listed right now.

John
    82 XJ1100J
    "eXJunk"
    Logansport, IN

Comment

At my local bike shop they have a assortment of those things to choose out of. I got mine that way and saved a bundle!!! An independent bike shop can be a sweet thing if managed correctly......(different motives maybe?)
      Garry
      '79 SF "Battle Cat"
      outbackweld@charter.net

Comment

I guess you are talking about the rubber seal with five holes in it. You can (I did a couple of years ago) order them online from zanotti motors for about half as much as Yamaha sells them for.
        Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

My local independent shop ordered a petcock rebuild kit from part unknown. It was a K&L kit, $24. Parts to do two petcocks.
          '81 XS11 Midnight Special

Comment

A few years ago, whenst I was just a wee shaver, I used a child's rubber soled cowboy boot (yeah I'm a *hit kicker, but used to be a red neck) and some punches to fashion two of them. They worked fine until I was sure everything on the bike would work and then bought them new to replace the home mades. As I remember, the toughest part was getting the thickness just right.
            RobMan
            '80 SG "Velvet Hammer"

Comment

Working...
            X