No announcement yet.

Alternate gas tank options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, that's a Venturer. Too bad there's no title.... I'm sure you'll get PMs asking about the touring bits....
    Fast, Cheap, Reliable... Pick any two

'78E original owner - resto project
    '78E ???? owner - Modder project FJ forks, 4-piston calipers F/R, 160/80-16 rear tire
    '82 XJ rebuild project
    '80SG restified, red SOLD
    '79F parts...
    '81H more parts...

Other current bikes:
    '93 XL1200 Anniversary Sportster 85RWHP
    '86 XL883/1200 Chopper
    '82 XL1000 w/1450cc Buell, Baker 6-speed, in-progress project
    Cage: '13 Mustang GT/CS with a few 'custom' touches
    Yep, can't leave nuthin' alone...

Comment

venturer parts

Pat: The obsession grows!
      You may need a bigger garage soon! At this time of year the bargains are all over the place.
      You'll have no trouble selling the venturer tank , bags, fairing, & hardware. probably to a member. But, not much action on ebay right now. volume & prices are down.

If you hold them til spring, they'll be fighting over them.

Where are you in Chi-town? I grew up a South Sider. Maybe we could get a ride going next summer. As I've said before, Southern Wisconsin & Northern Illinois riders need to meet in Lake Geneva some weekend.. It's biker heaven on Saturday & Sunday. But, mostly HD riders & crotch rockets. It'd be nice to get a bunch of xs11's up there to provide some class.
      Tom Clisham

Age is relative YOU WON"T GET OLD TIL YOU SELL THE BIKE

'78xs1100E ,all stock & original GONE TO WISCONSIN

'80 SG Vetter fairing,hard bags,trunk,fork brace,
      stock headers with fishtail mufflers,black & beautiful GONE TO ARIZONA

79SF lowered,jardine 4/2 exhaust,pod filters,drilled rotors,fork brace, bar hopper

79SF 1 owner,8000 miles, restoring to completely original ( I hope) GONE TO FRANCE

Comment

@Cy
        Got it extra "r" I just thought the bike was a Standard with a touring package, I didn't know it actually had a proper name.

@Steve
        I do have the name of the last registered owner, so there is some chance of getting a title. However, the PO had trouble getting him to apply for a lost title, so I'm not entirely sure. I may try to find a frame with title and do a swap. I'll probably keep the side hard bags, but I'm not sure if the Windjammer fairing is up my alley. For $300 I figured it was worth it one way or another.

@Tom
        I need two extra garages, a workshop, and possibly a storage shed.
        The growing obsession comes with some amount of anxiety, I feel an unease seeing an 1100 sitting on craigslist for too long, but then when I bring it home, there is an even greater sense of unease at the thought that I'm now responsible for the storage, and hopefully restoration of this machine. I need to finish reading "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance" Hopefully it will help to put it all in perspective.
        If nothing else, I figure I saving them from getting parted out, until I can find a more worthy owner.

I live downtown, in the Ukrainian Village. I grew up in the Portage Park neighborhood. Lake Geneva is great, my sister rents a house up there in the summers. There are some great roads around there, unfortunately, I've never ridden the bike up there, as I'm usually carrying my kayak. We should definitely do a ride up there though, perhaps we can show the HD fellas and the crotch rocket crowd the more sensible middle ground of the XS's
        Pat K

80 XS11 "Special" Standard
        (80G chassis & engine w/ 79 SG lights and cluster)

79 XS650 (engine currently squeals like a stuck pig.)

72 Plymouth Satellite (met an unpaved manhole collar, which it managed to tear out of the street, currently has some "issues")

04 Current Designs Solstice GT XL Kayak (I like it because it doesn't have carbs, or any other moving parts)

Comment

Working...
        X