No announcement yet.

Swapping bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old shot for comparison (along with my shaved pearl white tank/covers set which are off while the tank is being treated):
    XS11SH :: K&N Pods, 4->1, Dynojet kit, Barnett clutch springs, TC's fuse block, ATGATT

Well, goodness. Look what we've got here.

Comment

looks good. Ive got homemade 3.5" pull back drag bars and all i did was reroute the stock cables.
      Last edited by Sinister Imaging; 11-13-2011, 10:15 AM.
      Michael Wood - Richmond, VA

1980 xs1100 special
      Pod filters
      3.5" pull back drag bars

Comment

Remove and replace grips

If you have access to an air compressor, use an air gun to shoot air into the little hole in the end of the grip. The grip will slightly inflate and pop right off. On rare occations, it my be required to block or plug the other bar end. If reinstalling the same grip, clean and dry the grip inside and the bar end or throttle pipe. Push the grip on. If both are clean you may only get it on as little as a half inch. Shoot air into the little hole and slip the slightly inflated grip back on. Use the same method to slip a new grip on a clean bar end. Soap and water? Think soap and water the next time you wash your ride or it rains or if it sits outside overnight in the dew and the soap is reactivated. DW40 - oil is oil is oil.
        1979 XS 1100 Special - Nicknamed "MONSTER"

ATC fuse box
        Braded stainless brake lines
        4/2 aftermarket exhaust(temp until stock is re-chromed )
        V-Max auto cam chain adjuster
        Brake light modulator with reserve brake light bypass
        Vetter Windjammer III faring
        Tkat Fork Brace

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed; unlike the citizens of the countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms”
        James Madison, The Federalists Papers

Comment

Originally posted by Sinister Imaging View Post
          looks good. Ive got homemade 3.5" pull back drag bars and all i did was reroute the stock cables.
          Looks great! Went for a 2-hr test ride this morning, it feels like a brand new bike. Much easier fine throttle control, and I can go WOT without feeling like I'm about to snap my wrist and fly off the bike :P.

Have an air compressor, will try that next time!
          XS11SH :: K&N Pods, 4->1, Dynojet kit, Barnett clutch springs, TC's fuse block, ATGATT

Well, goodness. Look what we've got here.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Crawdad View Post
            Looks great! Went for a 2-hr test ride this morning, it feels like a brand new bike. Much easier fine throttle control, and I can go WOT without feeling like I'm about to snap my wrist and fly off the bike :P.

Have an air compressor, will try that next time!
            i sprayed brake clean inbetween the grip and the bar twisted a couple times and off it came no problem, then the brake clean evaps and no soapy residue.
            Michael Wood - Richmond, VA

1980 xs1100 special
            Pod filters
            3.5" pull back drag bars

Comment

Working...
            X