Carb joints

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carb joints

Can someone tell me where I can find these joints. Part #2H7-13586-00-00 and 2H7-13596-00-00. I'm trying to find em cheap. The cheapest so far are $33.28. Can anyone help?

Sidekick
    80XS1100

Check Ebay, or check with these people:

PartsN'More
    Brian
    1978E Midlife Crisis - A work in progress
    1984 Kawasaki 550 Ltd - Gone, but not forgotten

A married man should forget his mistakes. There's no use in two people
    remembering the same thing!

Comment

carb boots

I have some used ones I can sell you.They are cracked on the outside, but the cracks do not go all the way through. Do you still have the old ones? They can be easily repaired.

Comment

I haven't removed them yet. I usually don't start on a project until I have all the parts. How much for the set? how can they be repaired?

thanks

Comment

With the emgine running, spray some carb cleaner on all the carb boots (holders). If the engine 'stumbles' when you spray them then it would be an indication the the boots are sucking air. These can have cracks on the outside but might not be bad.

One way to repair them is to coat them with black RTV silicone. Work the RTV into the cracks and coat the entire outside surface. Coating the inside probably wouldn't be a good idea.

Hope this helps...
          Pat Kelly
          <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
          1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
          2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
          1999 Suburban (The Ship)
          1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
          1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

Boot repair

Another way to repair the boots is to use some of the rubberized tool handle dip product. Seal both ends of the boots, vacuum ports, and the bolt holes, and then they can be dipped or just brush the product on, and let it dry. You don't want to get any inside as that will make the inside diameter smaller, and may decrease airflow. If you still need some, I'll take $25 for the set of four. They have not been repaired, as I never planned on using them. I bought new ones when I restored my 80SG back in 91. They were only $25 from a dealer back then.
            Not to step on Pat Kelly's toes, the dip product will flow out much smoother than RTV can be spread, and it will give you a better looking finished product, IMHO.
            If you are still interested in the boots, then e mail me at xs11parts@hotmail.com.

Comment

My toes are fine . Good idea on the dip.
              Pat Kelly
              <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
              1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
              2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
              1999 Suburban (The Ship)
              1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
              1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

carburetor intake boots

I don't know "how, in the long run"......you're gonna beat
                this: > NEW & with gaskets > $90.00 > free shipping .
                I had remembered seeing this about a year ago, and had filed it.

Go here > https://www.partsnmoreonline.com/PNM...%20HOLDERS.htm

They're callin' 'em "carburetor 'holders' " ; but, the picture tells it all...........
                JCarltonRiggs

81XS1100SH; WorkingMotorcycle,Not For Show,DeletedFairing,SportsterHL,
                7½ gal. Kaw Concours gastank,1972 Wixom Bros. bags

79XS1100F; ?Parts?, or to Restore?

Comment

There is a supposedly New set on e-bay right now with buy it now for 88.00 for a set plus shipping. Later 'Dog

Comment

Working...
                  X