Master Cylinder Bench Bleeding Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Master Cylinder Bench Bleeding Question

OK I have a new front master cylinder, and I have read all the threads on bleeding it. I think that I have that concept down (you'll be the first to know if I don't ). However, I still have one question. After I bench bleed the master cylinder how do I attach the brake line without allowing air into the system and removing my paint? It seems to me that as soon as I remove the hose I use to bleed the master so that I can attach the front brake line all of the fluid will pour out. Thus leaving me with air in the master, the need to repaint the tank and frame and very sad!
    Dave
    1979 XS1100SF Special

Ya really can't get around letting a little air in there. Leave the hose on there (or plug if it came with one) until you get it mounted and keeplots of rags handy when you get ready to connect the line.

You may get lucky when you get it all together and be able to get all the air out just by cracking the banjo bolt at the MC and bleeding it there. Again, plenty of rags.
    Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Thank you!
      Dave
      1979 XS1100SF Special

Comment

Working...
      X