Update: 79sf oil light came on and wont go out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update: 79sf oil light came on and wont go out

First of all thanks to all for their help. Steve hit the nail on the head. I put a new Light assembly module on and everything is back to normal. I now need to go out and buy an offset phillips head screwdriver to tighten the screw on the oil sensor. There is just no room to get anything in there. I know...I'm preaching to the choir. Well, at least I get to buy more tools.
    Thanks again guys. If I get a chance to meet up with any of you I owe you a BUNCH of beers!

I believe an 8mm wrench will work on that sender screw also.
    Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Nope,
      An 8mm wrench does not fit....it's too big.
      Maybe a 6mm but I don't have one. Needs a long handle too.
      How many tools do I have to buy just for this bike? Can't stop now.

Comment

Originally posted by kevkat8 View Post
        Nope,
        How many tools do I have to buy just for this bike?
        As many as it takes. I always figured a man CAN'T have TOO many tools.
        Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
          As many as it takes. I always figured a man CAN'T have TOO many tools.
          Hi Greg,
          yeah, but that'll bring on the need a bigger garage syndrome.
          Fred Hill, S'toon
          XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
          "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

I've never heard a man complain about getting to buy new tools before. Geez, you just cannot please some people.

Patrick
            The glorious rays of the rising sun exist only to create shadows in which doom may hide.

XS11F (Incubus, daily rider)
            1969 Yamaha DT1B
            Five other bikes whose names do not begin with "Y"

Comment

It's a 7mm wrench. Just so ya know. Bike is running GREAT. I am so happy.

Comment

Working...
              X