Carbs & Throttle Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carbs & Throttle Upgrade

Okay, so I've seen quite a few different OPINIONS... I just want to hear the facts! I've seen people talking of a carb swap from Mikuni bs34 to the Keihin cr33's. Now these 33's are they push-pull throttle type operation only? Or can I use my current pull set up with these carbs? Is there a benefit to having a push-pull over pull only? AND I'm guessing these Mikuni bs34's are waaaay outdated, I haven't looked on the Mikuni site, but isn't there some better "updated" model that I can get as long as the diameter is the same?
    ~Jay
    Guilty Ones M.C.
    Manassas, Va.

1980 Standard G
    2001 CBR 929RR

Nevermind pretty much went to the dynoman website and answered my own question ...
    ~Jay
    Guilty Ones M.C.
    Manassas, Va.

1980 Standard G
    2001 CBR 929RR

Comment

Ya want to share that?
      Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

They are still putting Mikuni BS34 III carbs on bikes being built today. Obviously there are some variations to them such as heaters instead of enrichers etc. But the basic carb model is still in use and production still today, which is why the jets and stuff are still so easy to get. The ones on other bikes use different needles and all that stuff, so the emulsion tube is specific to each variant, but the basic carb body hasn't changed in over 30 years. Of course now everything is going to EFI so carbs are finally going away on new bikes so now they finally are going away, not because they are outdated as a carb, but because carbs are outdated as a form of intake feed.
        Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
        Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
        Vetter Windjammer IV
        Vetter hard bags & Trunk
        OEM Luggage Rack
        Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
        Spade Fuse Box
        Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
        750 FD Mod
        TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
        XJ1100 Front Footpegs
        XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

I am getting awesome gas mileage and gobs of power from zrx1200r carbs. All you need us a modified choke cable from an autoparts store about 6-10 bucks, a tgrotle cable from a 600 CC bandit 94 model. And way bigger mains. I opted to use precision drill bits and drilled out the stock 97 mains to 134 I think do a search of my posts.
          " She'll make point five past lightspeed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself. "

79 xs11 standard
          xs pods, Kerker 4-1, zrx1200r carbs mikesxs coils 35k voltz of power!!!
          8mm msd wires
          tkat fork brace...
          Fox shocks...
          mikes650 front fender
          led's gallore...
          renthal bars
          gold valve emulators
          vmax tensioner
          Rifle fairing

Comment

Working...
          X