No announcement yet.

Fuse box replacement, before and after.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuse box replacement, before and after.

My order of round-to-its came in so I decided to do the fuse box swap. Just for grins, I did some measurements at the fuse box before and after. With a fully charged battery and the bike running at 1500-2000rpm, I measured the "out" at the old glass fuses. 10.5-10.7 volts. The fat turn signal wire came in around 11.2. With the charger connected, I commenced to do the swap, pretty easy with good crimpers and cutters. Fired 'er up and checked the out again, same rpm range. Geez, 11.2-11.5 with the TS wire coming in around 12.2!!! Tells ya something about the resistance in a 30+ year old fuse box. Turn signals now flash faster at idle with the brake light on. Radio dosen't cut out at idle near as much and my LED voltmeter dosen't go into panic mode near as quick as it used to. With 6 spots in the new box, I also wired the accessory fuse to the new box and still have a left over. This was a super easy swap with positive results as far as I am concerned.
    When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Good to know - I'm adding it to my winter "to do list". Do you have a link to a tutorial?
    '79 XS11 Special, fork gaiters, Uni pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, ditched the octy, solo seat, T kat fork brace

Purrs like a kitten, runs like a scalded cat

Comment

you can look up TC post about it, he also sells fuse box for a very reasonable price...
      Nick

1979 XS11 F,Yamaha fairings w/hard bags, TC's fuse box, K&N air filter

1982 Virago 750 (it's alive!)

1979 XS 11 F, Windjammer IV, Samsonite luggage cases(another rescue)

Comment

Wonderful, thanks for telling me that
        '79 XS11 Special, fork gaiters, Uni pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, ditched the octy, solo seat, T kat fork brace

Purrs like a kitten, runs like a scalded cat

Comment

Ditto. I installed TC's box with good results as well. My flashers and turn signals started working!
          Marty (in Mississippi)
          XS1100SG
          XS650SK
          XS650SH
          XS650G
          XS6502F
          XS650E

Comment

Working...
          X