any ideas on stuck float pin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any ideas on stuck float pin

Hay guys I have one pesky little float pin that wont budge use the wire dikes and tons of spray ,pb blaster , I broke my other float pin on same carb , just dont want to break this one , any ideas other than wire dikes, and hammer and nail?
    thanks
    1fasttrucker

I use an automatic center punch. It may not be fool proof, but it works for me.
    Marty (in Mississippi)
    XS1100SG
    XS650SK
    XS650SH
    XS650G
    XS6502F
    XS650E

Comment

Try holding the tip of a hot soldering iron to the pin for a few, get it good and hot. After it cools it will usually come out. Mat require a few heat and cool cycles. Put some pb on it while it is still hot, but not smoking hot! The heat will help draw the penetrant in.

Comment

Small butane torch. Just make sure there isn't any gas left in there.
        Nathan
        KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
        K&N Filter
        #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
        OEM Exhaust
        ATK Fork Brace
        LED Dash lights
        Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
        SS Brake Lines
        Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Found a good write-up on the BS34 carbs on the Suzuki site:

http://members.dslextreme.com/users/bikecliff/

On the right side of this page is a link to a pdf file titled:
          Mikuni BS(CV) Carburetor Rebuild Tutorial - download that document, it's very good.

I use the approach that begins on page 42 of this document. You have to separate the carb first. Then you can put a socket under one float post and tap on the other end with a drift. Provides support for the posts and I've never broken one.
          1995 KZ100P
          Pods, jets, pipes, cam adjuster, oil cooler

1977 Ironhead - custom build
          Hot engine, custom frame, KZ front and rear, high torque starter, alternator conversion, Progressive shocks, Thunderheart wiring, Dyna ignition, oil cooler, Dakota Digital instruments, etc.

Sold all my XS's to Eastcoaster but still love to keep up with you guys. This is the best cycle forum on the web.

Comment

I got the pin

the wire dikes worked for getting the stuck pin out I just kept moveing them around untill the pin went pop , sounded like I broke the post but all is good !!\thanks guys

Comment

Working...
            X