Mudflaps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mudflaps

Has anyone ever found an alternative to drilling holes in the fender when fitting a mudflap? My bike has the OEM front fender in excellent condition and I would like to avoid drilling holes in it after it's survived unscathed for 31 years.

I remember years go there were mudflaps with bolt clamps on them that kind of gripped the edge of the fender but, these days, they all seem to require drilling.

Has anyone done anything different?
    XS1100F 1980 European model. Standard. Dyna coils. Iridium plugs. XS750 final drive (sometimes). Micron fork brace. Progressive front springs. Geezer regulator/rectifier. Stainless 4 into 2 exhaust. Auto CCT (Venturer 1300) SOLD. New project now on the go. 1980 European model.

Find some clamps and make your own.

Maybe some clamps like this?
    http://www.autocruisers.co.uk/index....roducts_id=709
    Nathan
    KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
    K&N Filter
    #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
    OEM Exhaust
    ATK Fork Brace
    LED Dash lights
    Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
    SS Brake Lines
    Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Yes... I found these on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1606502565...84.m1439.l2649

I read somewhere that Harley Davidson make rigid plastic inserts for some of their fenders. Then somewhere else that Velcro was used (seems a bit feeble though).

I've bought a small mudflap with the bolts and metal plate and will see about welding the plate to the clamps, possibly.

I was hoping someone had seen a complete bolt-on version but I think they are now extinct
      XS1100F 1980 European model. Standard. Dyna coils. Iridium plugs. XS750 final drive (sometimes). Micron fork brace. Progressive front springs. Geezer regulator/rectifier. Stainless 4 into 2 exhaust. Auto CCT (Venturer 1300) SOLD. New project now on the go. 1980 European model.

Comment

Got this done. I prefer this to drilling the OEM fender...... an easy solution

Comment

Is this for some kind of look, or is there a need for it. Can't see the need.
          1980 XS1100LG Midnight
          1991 Honda CBR1000F Hurricane

"The hand is almost valueless at one end of the arm if there be not a brain at the other"

Here's to a long life and a happy one.
          A quick death and an easy one.
          A pretty girl and an honest one.
          A cold beer and another one!

Comment

Can't see the need.
            See where he is? I suspect he knows a thing or two about rain. I don't know where Battle Ground is, but maybe you do too.
            Marty (in Mississippi)
            XS1100SG
            XS650SK
            XS650SH
            XS650G
            XS6502F
            XS650E

Comment

Another solution is to move to Austin, Texas. It is a wonderful city, except it never, ever rains and might never rain again. So mud flaps would seem silly here. Perhaps dust flaps would work....

Patrick
              The glorious rays of the rising sun exist only to create shadows in which doom may hide.

XS11F (Incubus, daily rider)
              1969 Yamaha DT1B
              Five other bikes whose names do not begin with "Y"

Comment

Air Filters

Patrick:

With all the dust you've been sucking on down there, you might want to double-up on your air filtration!

If I could find a way to send you some of our rain, I would!
                1979 F
                Mac 4-2 Exhaust
                T-Kat Fork Brace
                Spade Fuse Box Mod
                Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
                140.0 Main Jets
                45.0 Pilot Jets
                266 X-2 Needle Jets

Comment

We have about 30 inches a year at least.
                  1980 XS1100LG Midnight
                  1991 Honda CBR1000F Hurricane

"The hand is almost valueless at one end of the arm if there be not a brain at the other"

Here's to a long life and a happy one.
                  A quick death and an easy one.
                  A pretty girl and an honest one.
                  A cold beer and another one!

Comment

So did we, until about 15 months ago. Then it just stopped raining. I suspect it has something to do with the amount of hot air emanating from the state capitol...

Patrick
                    The glorious rays of the rising sun exist only to create shadows in which doom may hide.

1969 Yamaha DT1B

Comment

AHhhh, another Rick Perry Supporter! Lol
                      Richard

Comment

Originally posted by Incubus View Post
                        Another solution is to move to Austin, Texas. It is a wonderful city, except it never, ever rains and might never rain again. So mud flaps would seem silly here. Perhaps dust flaps would work....

Patrick
                        That is a hell of a reason to move to Austin!
                        Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

I ride year round, Skids. Summer is NOT the riding season in Texas. The rest of the year is.

Patrick

1969 Yamaha DT1B

Comment

Working...
                          X