Wow - what a difference!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow - what a difference!

Long story short, due to a smoking problem with my 78 XS11 I decided to turn my 79 parts bike into a running bike, knowing that it had a good engine. Switched over all of the parts that I had reconditioned and started it up. Had trouble idling but fixed that and then it would stumble up to 3K - not like the 78 that was the runner. Really ran like crap. I decided to take the carbs off of the previous running bike and put them on the parts bike.

HOLY CRAP!! it is a new bike. This thing pulls strong and hard and smoothly throughout the rpm range. I took it for a test ride and was so freaking happy I almost didn't come home. I am not sure how the PO jetted the carbs but it is like freaking magic. I am trying to keep myself from tearing into them as it is running so fine. I did have it up for sale but now I am pretty sure I will keep it. It just runs so smooth now - I thought the previous running bike was good but this is way better. I guess getting the carbs straight is a big deal.

Now I need to fix the oil leak.

Way to go Joe... or Tri.... or whatever.
    They sure feel good when they're dialed in.
    1980G Standard, Restored
    Kerker 4 - 1
    850 Rear End Mod
    2-21 Flashing LED Arrays on either side of license plate for Brake Light Assist, 1100 Lumen Cree Aux Lights,
    Progressive springs, Showa rear shocks
    Automatic CCT
    1980GH Special, Restored
    Stock Exhaust, New Handlebars, 1" Spacer in Fork Springs, Automatic CCT, Showa Rear Shocks
    '82 XJ1100 (Sold)
    Automatic CCT, RC Engineering 4 X 1 Exhaust, K&N Pods, #50 Pilot Jets, YICS Eliminator. Sorely missed.

Comment

Working...
    X