Changing the tach & speedo bulbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing the tach & speedo bulbs

Haven't opened up the tach/speedo yet. I need to replace bulbs as it looks like only one is working on the tach & one looks out on the speedo.

Any issues I should be aware of before trying to figure out how to get to the instrument bulbs? Any bulbs found to be better than others?

Thanks!
    82 XJ1100 Maxim "hurricane"- DEKA EXT18L AGM battery , NGK BPR6EIX spark plugs, Green Dyna coils, Sylvania SilverStar Ultra H4 bulb, 139 dB Stebel Nautilus air horn, Home-made K&N air filter based on an original paper filter frame, new piston rings, Barnett Clutch Springs, SS braid/Teflon brake lines, TKAT fork brace, rebuilt calipers, master cylinders, new brakes, reupholstered seat, lotsa little things and so many answered questions here.

Haven't done it on an XJ so I won't speak to that. I would suggest going with led though.

I personally went with red leds on my gauges and they are plenty bright at night and it doesn't mess with night vision.
    Nathan
    KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
    K&N Filter
    #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
    OEM Exhaust
    ATK Fork Brace
    LED Dash lights
    Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
    SS Brake Lines
    Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Working...
    X