Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone running just 1 petcock or custom?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone running just 1 petcock or custom?

I just cleaned my rusty tank and when I reinstalled petcocks and tank one of them now leaks between the halves?!?! I have always just wanted a simple on/off solution instead of the standard offers. Anyone have a custom solution or running just one?
    1980 XS1100G
    Tulsa, OK

I just posted the same thing. Check out the thread about leaking petcock housing. Will answer your Q's. Irritating isn't it? Pesky petcocks. next time I'm getting a pethen...
    Semper Fi,
    Scribe

1981 XS11H

Scribestone Industries:
    ~Turning food into poop since 1963 ~

Comment

I have a single petcock on mine. I welded a 1/4" pipe bung on the left side where the original mounted and installed a regular on/off/reserve petcock. I also added two 1/8 bungs to hook a cross over line to the right side but haven't added the line. I still get most of the gas out of the tank. I'll add the cross over after tear down and paint this winter.
      US Army 1986-1991

1979 1100 Special (on the road after 16 years!)
      1983 GS300L (wifes ride)
      1985 Super Glide
      2012 Super Glide

Comment

Thanks for the heads up on the other thread....I may use the fuel line and plate idea.
        1980 XS1100G
        Tulsa, OK

Comment

I have a hose running from petcock to petcock. In that hose I have 2 'T's (from the original octopus). From those 'T's I ran a hose to each carb 'T'. I can run from one or both petcocks. I run on 1 just fine (1196 kit with RC 4 into 1 pipe). Never starves for fuel.
          Pat Kelly
          <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
          1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
          2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
          1999 Suburban (The Ship)
          1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
          1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

Working...
          X