A new custom tank??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new custom tank??

Hi guys, I was just wondering if there are any possibilities out there for a "custom" aftermarket tank that could be made to fit the 11. I'm going to do a paint job and I figure if I can get a nice custom tank with no seams I would go with that. Any ideas or sources?
    '79 XS11 Special, fork gaiters, Uni pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, ditched the octy, solo seat, T kat fork brace

Purrs like a kitten, runs like a scalded cat

Originally posted by 11Rider View Post
    Hi guys, I was just wondering if there are any possibilities out there for a "custom" aftermarket tank that could be made to fit the 11. I'm going to do a paint job and I figure if I can get a nice custom tank with no seams I would go with that. Any ideas or sources?
    Hi 'Rider,
    if you don't care how much you spend and can wait for almost a year, there's these guys:-
    http://www.thetankshop.com/
    Fred Hill, S'toon
    XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
    "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Wow, they do some beautiful work! I like the chrome or polished look too. I'm not sure of the price conversion, but 40 weeks is a little disappointing. Thanks for that link - very interesting
      '79 XS11 Special, fork gaiters, Uni pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, ditched the octy, solo seat, T kat fork brace

Comment

Wow, they do some beautiful work! I like the chrome or polished look too. I'm not sure of the price conversion, but 40 weeks is a little disappointing. Thanks for that link - very interesting
        Hi 'Rider,
        my currency conversion thingie says UKĀ£450 = US$728 and don't forget there will be shipping charges on top of that.
        Fred Hill, S'toon
        "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

OOoooookaayyyy......any other ideas???

PS: Just deleted it from my bookmarks too

Comment

OOoooookaayyyy......any other ideas???
            Hi 'Rider,
            at least you will not be asked to pay the 17% VAT (value added tax) on top like the Brits have to.
            But if you want to swap appalling cost for incredible skill, go here:-
            http://xs11.46.forumer.com/viewtopic...t=206&start=10
            To see what can be done with DIY.
            Fred Hill, S'toon
            "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Working...
            X