XS750 Exhausts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XS750 Exhausts

Has anyone ever tried to put the exhaust from a 1979 XS750 Standard to a 1979 XS1100 Special?

How about the seats?

Thanks
    1995 KZ100P
    Pods, jets, pipes, cam adjuster, oil cooler

1977 Ironhead - custom build
    Hot engine, custom frame, KZ front and rear, high torque starter, alternator conversion, Progressive shocks, Thunderheart wiring, Dyna ignition, oil cooler, Dakota Digital instruments, etc.

Sold all my XS's to Eastcoaster but still love to keep up with you guys. This is the best cycle forum on the web.

Originally posted by Aches n Pains View Post
    Has anyone ever tried to put the exhaust from a 1979 XS750 Standard to a 1979 XS1100 Special? How about the seats?
    Hi Doug,
    the XS750 right outer looks the same but I betcha it don't measure the same.
    The mufflers might go on but that'll take a cut'n'weld job.
    Seat? Not without serious modification. The XS750 seat fits with hinges one one side and a latch on the other.
    You'd have to transfer the XS11's tongue and bolt-downs to the XS750's seat pan at the least, even if the pan did near-enough fit on the bike.
    Fred Hill, S'toon
    XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
    "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

The 750 is a 3 cylinder... what exactly are you thinking about doing with the 4th cylinder o the eleven?
      '79 XS11 F
      Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
      Stock, no title.

'84 Chevy K-10 "Big Blue"
      GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Comment

Originally posted by WMarshy View Post
        The 750 is a 3 cylinder... what exactly are you thinking about doing with the 4th cylinder o the eleven?
        The 750 is 4 cyl, 850 is 3 Wayne.
        Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
          The XJ is four cylinder, the XS is a triple....
          Fast, Cheap, Reliable... Pick any two

'78E original owner - resto project
          '78E ???? owner - Modder project FJ forks, 4-piston calipers F/R, 160/80-16 rear tire
          '82 XJ rebuild project
          '80SG restified, red SOLD
          '79F parts...
          '81H more parts...

Other current bikes:
          '93 XL1200 Anniversary Sportster 85RWHP
          '86 XL883/1200 Chopper
          '82 XL1000 w/1450cc Buell, Baker 6-speed, in-progress project
          Cage: '13 Mustang GT/CS with a few 'custom' touches
          Yep, can't leave nuthin' alone...

Comment

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
            Greg, he said '79 XS750... That's a tripple cylinder. I'm very aware that the later seca's are 4 cylinders...

PS. My name is Wade not Wayne...
            '79 XS11 F
            Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
            Stock, no title.

'84 Chevy K-10 "Big Blue"
            GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Comment

I stand (sorta) corrected. Your right De Wade.

Your right.

Beer goggles...........looked better than it REALLY was
              Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

'79 XS750 Standard is 3 into two. I was wondering if I could mount the tail pieces onto the XS11 4 into two. Sounds like I need to do some serious measuring and some welding. Too bad, they're very nice pipes.
                1995 KZ100P
                Pods, jets, pipes, cam adjuster, oil cooler

1977 Ironhead - custom build
                Hot engine, custom frame, KZ front and rear, high torque starter, alternator conversion, Progressive shocks, Thunderheart wiring, Dyna ignition, oil cooler, Dakota Digital instruments, etc.

Sold all my XS's to Eastcoaster but still love to keep up with you guys. This is the best cycle forum on the web.

Comment

Working...
                X