Idles high when I stop.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idles high when I stop.

Alright everybody my bike idles high when I pull in the clutch and start coming to a stop and keeps idling high until I take off. If I am sitting at a light and idling and I rev the engine up and let it rev back down it starts idling better but it will do the whole thing over again the next time I stop.

As always thanks everyone for their inputs,
    Mark
    USMC 2005 - Present

79 XS1100F -Mileage unknown - Clubman bars, aftermarket headlight and speedometer, 4 into 1 straight through exhaust, TopCat's fuse box, 1980G rear fender - Daily driver - My first Motorcycle
    78 XS1100E - Rebuilt And Sold I SHOULD OF KEPT IT!!!

Sounds like a lean condition
    91 kwaka kz1000p
    Stock

( Insert clever quote here )

Comment

Two things, Carb Synch, if thats been done, check for a vacuum leak. To check for vacuum leak, spray soemthing flamable like carb cleaner or starting fluid around the boots and butterfly valve seals and see if the RPM goes up. Another method is to use an unlit propane torch (obviously with propane valve opened up) the same way, pointing it around the boots and the seals. If RPM goes up, you found the vacuum leak.
      Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
      80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
      93 GSX600F
      80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
      81 XS1100 Special
      81 CB750 C
      80 CB750 C
      78 XS750

Comment

I have synced the carbs. I will try to see if I got a vacuum leak and let you guys know.

Thanks
        USMC 2005 - Present

79 XS1100F -Mileage unknown - Clubman bars, aftermarket headlight and speedometer, 4 into 1 straight through exhaust, TopCat's fuse box, 1980G rear fender - Daily driver - My first Motorcycle
        78 XS1100E - Rebuilt And Sold I SHOULD OF KEPT IT!!!

Comment

Working...
        X