Will this work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will this work?

Can anyone tell me if this will work with my 80G? I don't have an existing seat pan at all so would this just bolt right onto the frame? Also if you can think of any better options feel free to voice them. Thanks!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yamah...item5d3007b76d
    1980 XS11G 22XXX miles.

No it won't. The special and standard seat pans don't interchange, especially with it being a fiberglass pan, so you can't bend the edge in like you could with the stock special seat to make it fit. There would be other problems as well, because there are other differences in the special frame over the standard frame. You can get any standard seat to work, but earlier than 80 seats would require either moving the TCI down out of the way of the seat or creating the indentation in the seat for the TCI that the stock G seat has.

So you need to find either an 80G seat or an 81H seat, both of which directly interchange and bolt right up.
    Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
    Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
    Vetter Windjammer IV
    Vetter hard bags & Trunk
    OEM Luggage Rack
    Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
    Spade Fuse Box
    Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
    750 FD Mod
    TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
    XJ1100 Front Footpegs
    XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

So this one would then?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yamah...item5d2af3e54d
      1980 XS11G 22XXX miles.

Comment

Yeah, that one should work, it's made for a standard, and with the sculpted sides appears to be for the later ones at that even though it doesn't state so.
        Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
        Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
        Vetter Windjammer IV
        Vetter hard bags & Trunk
        OEM Luggage Rack
        Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
        Spade Fuse Box
        Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
        750 FD Mod
        TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
        XJ1100 Front Footpegs
        XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

Gonna need all six of the rubber bumpers for that one also, but should work.
          81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Working...
          X