dyna beads strike 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dyna beads strike 1

I was excited to get these because my rear tire had no weights. The shop didn't want to balance it. Long story.
    Any who they absolutely refused to enter my valve stem. I removed the schrader valve and used a 1/4 " hose and a funnel. I heard they can be hard to get in there so I slowly poured them in. Still didn't work. The inside of my stem us just a Little bigger than one of those red tubes you get in on the Carb spray . The beads are just a Tad too small. Also the rotor makes it hard to use them as well as the shaft. I may have to remove the wheel and maybe remove the tire and pour them in.
    " She'll make point five past lightspeed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself. "

79 xs11 standard
    xs pods, Kerker 4-1, zrx1200r carbs mikesxs coils 35k voltz of power!!!
    8mm msd wires
    tkat fork brace...
    Fox shocks...
    mikes650 front fender
    led's gallore...
    renthal bars
    gold valve emulators
    vmax tensioner
    Rifle fairing

I understand you sometimes have to drill out the lower portion of the valve stem and use their valve core. But the other way is indeed to just pour them in when mounting the tire. I found AFTER both my new tires were mounted that my local shop is a dealer. I would have had them put them in when they mounted them had I known, but they don't push them, just sell them to you if you ask for them.

I've never seen guys so not into the upsell. If you ask for something, that is what they sell you unless it's REALLY the wrong item, in which case they generally point you at the most cost effective alternative. That's probably why they struggle to stay in business, just not aggressive enough.
    Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
    Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
    Vetter Windjammer IV
    Vetter hard bags & Trunk
    OEM Luggage Rack
    Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
    Spade Fuse Box
    Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
    750 FD Mod
    TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
    XJ1100 Front Footpegs
    XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

I had the shop that mounted my tires put them in. But, I was having an intermittent vibration in the front end (turned out to be the that the forks didn't have the the same pressure) so I thought that the wheel wasn't quite balanced right. Dyna beads called for one ounce in the front so I thought maybe I would try one more ounce in it. I found a fitting from a fuel siphon kit that screwed onto the valve stem. I removed the shrader and attached a long hose to the fitting so I could screw it on to the valve stem. Then I stuck a small funnel on the hose and poured them in. Went right in no problem. Now like I said it turned out to be the air pressure in the forks. I fixed it with the micro pump I bought that's in the products forum on here. Even with two ounce's in the front tire it runs along well. The shop said that because of the way the beads work you can't over balance the wheel. Also, the shop sell's a kit from dyna bead to install the beads it's just a plastic bottle and a piece of hose for about ten bucks. After I looked at it I knew I could find something around the garage to work. Got a couple of thousand miles with the beads so far. So far I like them.

blkryno

81 11 SH (83 Venture cct, Tkat fork brace on )
      79 11 SF (83 Venture cct on the shelf for it.)

Semper Fi

Loud Pipes
      Draw Cops

Comment

The holes in the valve stems I have are just big enough for 1 at a time I have a hose that fits perfect. It looks just like the dynamic beads one.
        So I guess I'd have to attempt drilling without damagind the threads ...
        I could poke a hole in the tire ans feed the hose in and then use a plug kit on the tire when done...
        " She'll make point five past lightspeed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself. "

79 xs11 standard
        8mm msd wires
        tkat fork brace...
        Fox shocks...
        mikes650 front fender
        led's gallore...
        renthal bars
        gold valve emulators
        vmax tensioner
        Rifle fairing

Comment

If you break loose the tire bead on one side, then the beads will go in easily, JAT.
          2H7 (79)
          3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

What's a good tool to do that with if you don't one a bead breaker toop? My dad and I tried with 2 flat heads and a rag to keep the wheel safe.so I guess ill try to get them in the side.

79 xs11 standard
            8mm msd wires
            tkat fork brace...
            Fox shocks...
            mikes650 front fender
            led's gallore...
            renthal bars
            gold valve emulators
            vmax tensioner
            Rifle fairing

Comment

Easy to drill without damaging. use an orbital sander or somthing similar (without paper) to vibrate them in.
              Trapped in time. Surrounded by evil. Low on gas.

1980 XS1100G 1179 kit, Tkat brace, progressive springs & shocks, jardine spaghetti, Mikes coils, Geezer's rectifier

Comment

A C clamp.
                Nathan
                KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
                K&N Filter
                #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
                OEM Exhaust
                ATK Fork Brace
                LED Dash lights
                Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
                SS Brake Lines
                Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

I think I have a c clamp big enough!

79 xs11 standard
                  8mm msd wires
                  tkat fork brace...
                  Fox shocks...
                  mikes650 front fender
                  led's gallore...
                  renthal bars
                  gold valve emulators
                  vmax tensioner
                  Rifle fairing

Comment

Working...
                  X