Pilot jet goober

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pilot jet goober

Well for those of you who responded to my petcock issues and also suggested I pull the carbs to clean them and unstick the floats, I did just that. The floats were clean and gunk free. One of them had a bit of marring on the head of it and I wondered if perhaps it had adhered to the float wall. However, it wasn't the one that looked "oily". (Had an oil overflow issue to contend with along with the gas overflow...)

While examining the carb bank, I noticed that one of the pilot screw ports had a partially broken off wall and some PO or PM (previous mechanic) had applied a glob of JB weld to it and covered over the entire end of the pilot screw and port...

I'm wondering how bad of a situation I have here. Provided I didn't plan on rejetting the carbs or tinkering with the piolt jet, I assume it won't be much of an issue. Still.... any comments?

I am becoming XSively irritated with this bike. lol
    Semper Fi,
    Scribe

1981 XS11H

Scribestone Industries:
    ~Turning food into poop since 1963 ~

I am becoming XSively irritated with this bike. lol
    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

If necessary, chip it off so you can adjust the pilot screw. On those 80's carbs, sometimes the tops of those tunnels get sawed off anyway to gain access to a stripped screw. Doesn't hurt a thing.
      Last edited by bikerphil; 08-19-2011, 06:17 PM.
      2H7 (79)
      3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Working...
      X