Left hand rear wheel bearing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Left hand rear wheel bearing

As you may know, I had 100 left hand side rear wheel bearings manufactured a while ago. I asked a favour of a Japanese businessman I used to teach in Tokyo in the 1990's. Usually, the manufacturing run is a minimum of 5,000 bearings .They are quite specific to the XS1100 and so pretty useless for anything else. Stocking 5,000 of them is not something anyone is prepared to do, so I think this is what makes it non-feasible usually and why these bearings are so difficult to get hold of.

I have sold 60 of these bearings so far, at what they cost me (including Fedex shipping of a 16kg package to the UK) and will be keeping ten for myself for any future XS1100's I get. I've already replaced the one in my own bike. This means I have 29 left. I've listed these on eBay UK, USA, Australia etc. and you can find them easily with a search.

I'm not hussling anyone, but if you want any of these bearings, let me know. I always ship airmail at cost ($6 for USA, under £2 for UK etc) and ship worldwide (including the UK, of course). I definitely won't be able to get any more of them.
    Last edited by James England; 08-13-2011, 04:47 PM.
    XS1100F 1980 European model. Standard. Dyna coils. Iridium plugs. XS750 final drive (sometimes). Micron fork brace. Progressive front springs. Geezer regulator/rectifier. Stainless 4 into 2 exhaust. Auto CCT (Venturer 1300) SOLD. New project now on the go. 1980 European model.

Hey James,

That's mighty nice of you, but you kinda forgot to include a few details, like what is your ebay handle, what search criteria on ebay should they use to find them, and what is the price of the bearings, just so folks can be sure to have enough funds in their paypal account?!

Pity the minimum # is so high! With the way the (world) economy is now, you would think that they would accept a much smaller order, just to receive an order at all! I know/realize there's tooling up costs, but they should be able to work that into the cost of the bearings...would definitely make them a bit more costlier, but it's better than not having any bearings at all!

Perhap we should start a writing campaign to YAMAHA corporate to have them order the 5000 run to be able to redistribute across America and such?

T.C.
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Originally posted by TopCatGr58 View Post
      Hey James,

That's mighty nice of you, but you kinda forgot to include a few details, like what is your ebay handle, what search criteria on ebay should they use to find them, and what is the price of the bearings, just so folks can be sure to have enough funds in their paypal account?!

Pity the minimum # is so high! With the way the (world) economy is now, you would think that they would accept a much smaller order, just to receive an order at all! I know/realize there's tooling up costs, but they should be able to work that into the cost of the bearings...would definitely make them a bit more costlier, but it's better than not having any bearings at all!

Perhap we should start a writing campaign to YAMAHA corporate to have them order the 5000 run to be able to redistribute across America and such?

T.C.
      Here's the links to the listings. There is a slight difference in price depending on which country, because of fluctuations in the exchange rate.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...STRK:MESELX:IT

XS1100F 1980 European model. Standard. Dyna coils. Iridium plugs. XS750 final drive (sometimes). Micron fork brace. Progressive front springs. Geezer regulator/rectifier. Stainless 4 into 2 exhaust. Auto CCT (Venturer 1300) SOLD. New project now on the go. 1980 European model.

Comment

also, for Australia....

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....m=320743881403

Comment

Howdy James,
          I don't have a PayPal account, and I will not get one, so is there another way to pay for a bearing?
          Since it will fit an 850 FD, which I am running, it looks like a good piece to stockpile.
          Thanks for getting them made, CZ

Comment

Originally posted by CaptonZap View Post
            Howdy James,
            I don't have a PayPal account, and I will not get one, so is there another way to pay for a bearing?
            Since it will fit an 850 FD, which I am running, it looks like a good piece to stockpile.
            Thanks for getting them made, CZ
            Hi CaptonZap. Yep, they fit the 850 too. Will PM you..;.

Comment

Working...
            X