Looking for the little cafe style fairing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for the little cafe style fairing

I have an 79XS11f or standard as they call it . I'am looking for the little cafe style fairing for square headlite. Maier make's one. But i don't know how to contact them. Merriam cycle sells them, but this guy want's $190.00 for it. I was told they sold for about $80.00 ea. Any help would be nice. THANKS
    Chris 79 XS11F With mods....!!!!!! 2005 FXST Harley Softail

I moved your thread, so people would see it. Did you try JC Whitney...they got tons of fairings in there.
    Gary Granger
    Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
    2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

The cafe/sport fairings that JCWhitney sells are the Maier fairings, just like the ones used by Merriam Cycle. Maier has a corporate website and list retail pricing but from what I gathered.... does not sell retail. The only problem with JCW is that they only seem to stock the ones with for round headlights. From my research.... the ones for square headlights are a bit more money for some odd reason. Luckily.... my 78E was converted by the PO to a round headlight using a fibleglass bucket by Vetter... so I was able to utilize the round headlight style fairing. Personally, I love the looks of the larger cafe style fairing on the Standard. It seems to compliment the blocky looks of the bike and streamline it. The round headlight with square signals looked a little odd until I put on the fairing. With the squared front recess of the fairing and round headlight face in the center of it, I think it looks much better. The Maier manufactured sport fairings use a nice 4 point mount which so far has proved to be extremely stable and vibration proof. The Maier fairings are available in white or black with a nice high gloss finish. Since my XS is not basic black, all it took was a light sanding to prep it for paint.

As far as pricing.... I've found that Merriam nearly doubles the pricing of parts available from other sources such as the Maier fairings and TKat Fork Brace.
      1978 XS1100E "Flashback"

"If at first you don't succeed.... Get a bigger hammer."

Comment

Working...
      X