79 help, Cafe Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 79 help, Cafe Project

So I took my 79 barn find that ran perfectly but in much need of TLC apart this winter. Made some mods to the frame to make it into my Cafe Racer that I always wanted. Got the frame powder coated and removed everything and stored everything so I can easily find all the parts.

Now, I've installed the Engine without scratching the Frame (a job that stressed me to no end) and I find myself installing the wiring harness and I'm puzzled by a few minor things as to where they once belonged to lol

Does anyone have a 79f that can share a picture of the electrical system without the tank and side covers? Now I will say I did have these pictures taken before I took the bike apart but my kids decided that they wanted to play with the camera and delete everything I took and keep pictures of Sponge Bob on the memory.

Thanks,
    Lou

Originally posted by Finalunity View Post
    - - - Now I will say I did have these pictures taken before I took the bike apart but my kids decided that they wanted to play with the camera and delete everything I took and keep pictures of Sponge Bob on the memory.
    Lou
    Hi Lou,
    I learned years ago that kids will meddle with anything that's not in locked cupboards or on high shelves or fully re-assembled.
    "Sweetheart, where are you going with the rest of my clutch plates?"
    "Daddy, didn't they teach you to share your toys?"
    Best you keep the little darlins out of the garage, eh?
    And where can you buy a Klingon painstick?
    Last edited by fredintoon; 08-12-2011, 09:58 AM.
    Fred Hill, S'toon
    XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
    "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Does anyone have a 79f that can share a picture of the electrical system without the tank and side covers?
      There a routing diagram in the back of the FSM (better than pictures) that shows where/how the harness goes, and what all the various parts are...

No manual? Shame, shame... You can get a free download from CatatonicBug's homepage; there a link in all of his posts....
      Fast, Cheap, Reliable... Pick any two

'78E original owner - resto project
      '78E ???? owner - Modder project FJ forks, 4-piston calipers F/R, 160/80-16 rear tire
      '82 XJ rebuild project
      '80SG restified, red SOLD
      '79F parts...
      '81H more parts...

Other current bikes:
      '93 XL1200 Anniversary Sportster 85RWHP
      '86 XL883/1200 Chopper
      '82 XL1000 w/1450cc Buell, Baker 6-speed, in-progress project
      Cage: '13 Mustang GT/CS with a few 'custom' touches
      Yep, can't leave nuthin' alone...

Comment

Originally posted by crazy steve View Post
        There a routing diagram in the back of the FSM (better than pictures) that shows where/how the harness goes, and what all the various parts are...

No manual? Shame, shame... You can get a free download from CatatonicBug's homepage; there a link in all of his posts....
        I know, I should get manual but the weekend is here and I so want to get the wiring done so I can move on to the next part.

As for the online manual suggested its gone.

"This file is either removed due to copyright claim or is deleted by the uploader."

Just like my pictures LOL

Comment

Originally posted by fredintoon View Post
          Hi Lou,
          I learned years ago that kids will meddle with anything that's not in locked cupboards or on high shelves or fully re-assembled.
          "Sweetheart, where are you going with the rest of my clutch plates?"
          "Daddy, didn't they teach you to share your toys?"
          Best you keep the little darlins out of the garage, eh?
          And where can you buy a Klingon painstick?
          LOL, I would have better luck putting my kids on the shelf than them touching what they are not supposed to.

Comment

I know, I should get manual but the weekend is here and I so want to get the wiring done so I can move on to the next part.

As for the online manual suggested its gone.

"This file is either removed due to Copyright claim or is deleted by the uploader."

Just like my pictures LOL
            I just checked, and it's still there.... http://www.ringler.us/family/mybike.html
            Fast, Cheap, Reliable... Pick any two

'78E original owner - resto project
            '78E ???? owner - Modder project FJ forks, 4-piston calipers F/R, 160/80-16 rear tire
            '82 XJ rebuild project
            '80SG restified, red SOLD
            '79F parts...
            '81H more parts...

Other current bikes:
            '93 XL1200 Anniversary Sportster 85RWHP
            '86 XL883/1200 Chopper
            '82 XL1000 w/1450cc Buell, Baker 6-speed, in-progress project
            Cage: '13 Mustang GT/CS with a few 'custom' touches
            Yep, can't leave nuthin' alone...

Comment

Originally posted by crazy steve View Post
              I just checked, and it's still there.... http://www.ringler.us/family/mybike.html
              Oh you just saved a weekend in time

Thank you.

Comment

do you have a thread on your cafe build? i know some of us would be interested in seeing it.
                80 xs11 special- pods, kerker, cafe seat/tail, clubmans.
                2000 s10- 5.3 v8 swap, cam, stall, ford rear with 3.73s and posi, upgraded brakes, lowered, traction bars, larger sway bar, and a bunch of other stuff..

Comment

Originally posted by NewGuy View Post
                  do you have a thread on your cafe build? i know some of us would be interested in seeing it.
                  Not yet, I've taken some pictures today and I need to post them on photobucket and start a new tread

any pointers on where is the best place?

Comment

////.....A high shelf would be a good start..........JAT.
                    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Not yet, I've taken some pictures today and I need to post them on photobucket and start a new tread

If you will just be posting for comments/compliments/critiques, then post them in the Member's Lounge. But if you still want/need tech advice and such, then post here in the Tech discussion forum!

T.C.
                      T. C. Gresham
                      81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
                      79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
                      History shows again and again,
                      How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Working...
                      X