Update on my new love

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on my new love

Well XS1100 has been running well other than a oops I had yesterday. Changed oil on it. Filled it up with oil and got distracted by a neighbor. Came back to garage and filled it up with oil again and took off. Oops....Good news....engine is flushed and any bugs in the neighborhood are now dead. So changed it again just to be safe. Also got in my saddleman seat yesterday so going to put that on tonight.

Also ordered a new clutch cable since mine refuses to go back to position on it's own. It's old, rusty inside so for $15 why not replace something like that right!?!

Next up is get my Kenda Cruiser tires installed. Do you guys run tubes? I know they're tubeless, but I'm used to my enduros where I had to run them.

Also need to continue to work on the tins. Have to smooth out the tank a little. Then it goes to a buddy who is painting it and airbrushing it. We're going with olive drab green, then airbrushing "panels and rivets". Kind of a old school tank/airplane look.

I originally got this bike to get running and then sell. (do that alot, it's considered my 401k). However I'm loving this bike like no other! I'm hooked on it. Rides great, power is sufficient (sorry after having ZX14s it's hard to match it), and it's not something I see 10 of on my way to work.
    1980 XS1100
    1980 GS550 "bobber" Project
    1981 Honda CB900C Custom-working on restoring
    1996 Kawasaki KLX650 Enduro (love this bike!)
    2008 Yamaha TTR50 (used my boy as an excuse to buy this one. LOL)
    www.cvsimotorsports.com One stop shop for all your automotive and marine needs!
    Team Rice Racing Website
    Step Up or Step Aside

Congrats!

You're not the first, nor will be the last to overfill the oil!

We all run tubeless. Only the early 1.5 years of production were tubed, and many convert to tubeless. Much easier to fix on the road if you get a nail or such than a tube!

Yep, you've found XS11 HEAVEN! We liken these to like having an old muscle car, not as fast or nimble as a Ferrari, but just as much fun!

Paint scheme sounds great, don't forget to post PHOTOS!!

T.C.
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Originally posted by TopCatGr58 View Post
      Congrats!
      Yep, you've found XS11 HEAVEN! We liken these to like having an old muscle car, not as fast or nimble as a Ferrari, but just as much fun!
      T.C.
      Excellent statement TC. These bikes are the motorcycle equvalent to a 60s or early 70s muscle car. Ive owned newer faster and much better handling bikes, but nothing has quite the same style as these muscle bikes from the late 70s and 80s.
      2016 Yamaha FJR1300A
      2007 Kawasaki KLR650A
      1979 Yamaha XS1100SF
      1971 Kawasaki F6 125

Comment

Besides, shaft drives are cool. And the motor turns backwards!

Comment

Working...
        X