No Tach + Runs like Crap? WTF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Tach + Runs like Crap? WTF?

I'm a bit annoyed I'm having to ask this question, because it's the SAME ONE I asked nearly two years ago, when I got the bike, and I THOUGHT I had it fixed. Which it was, for nearly a year and a half.

HOWEVER...

I start up the old hoss today, and it doesn't sound healthy. Not revving up, nor warming up like it usually does. And when I crack the throttle? Like I'm missing cylinders- there's no "get up and go", just a bunch of popping and sputtering. The most telling thing, though, is the tach is dead. As in not moving. Again.

Normally, I would just check the connections behind the fuse panel and be done with it. But the fact the motor isn't running that great either gets me to thinking it may be something more than that. Any clue what is going on?

(Quick note: It SHOULDN'T be a regulator/rectifier issue. I JUST replaced it with a brand-spankin' new model from Geezer. Just so that's out there)
    Currently XS-less.

If that connector is acting up, it could effect the bikes performance. Also, Geezer makes good products, but even his stuff could go bad.

I would look at pickup coil wires also.
    Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
    80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
    93 GSX600F
    80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
    81 XS1100 Special
    81 CB750 C
    80 CB750 C
    78 XS750

Comment

Working...
    X