headlight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• headlight

Hey guys (and ladies) I am refurbing a vetter IV to put on my XS Special. The fairing had a sealbeam and I want to change over to a halogen. Anyone got a light they want to get rid of?? I have bulbs, just need the lens
    Ron Moss
    1979 xs 1100 yamaha special (sold)
    1984 honda v65 magna (sold)
    1984 vtr 250 intercepter
    1975 250 TL Honda
    2006 Kawsaki Concours
    1979 R100RT BMW

They have (or had) a headlight "H4 conversion" kit in JCWhitney. The round one worked fine in the Vetter faring. For anyone listening, the rectangular H4 conversion kit did not work on the standard because of the hardware that is attached to the back side of the stock headlight bulb.
    Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

I should clarify...the rectangular unit did not fit in a 78 stock bucket (nakid bike) because the hardware is permanently attached to the stock bulb.

Originally posted by skids
      They have (or had) a headlight "H4 conversion" kit in JCWhitney. The round one worked fine in the Vetter faring. For anyone listening, the rectangular H4 conversion kit did not work on the standard because of the hardware that is attached to the back side of the stock headlight bulb.
      Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

Skids, my '78E doesn't have the hardware attached to the bulb. It's all seperate parts. How else could you replace it at all? Maybe I'm missin' what you mean.
        Tony K.
        TonimusMaximus
        Big Angry Scot - Clan Maxwell
        New 1978 XS11E Owner

Comment

Working...
        X