Petcock question 80 XS1100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petcock question 80 XS1100

What if you ran both outlets from each petcock to a T connector and out of the T to a filter and than the carbs. The right petcock to the left side of the carbs and the left petcock to the right half of the carbs. Just have to remember to shut off the petcocks when done riding. Will this work.

I've got that setup with my Special(no octy), but instead of a "T", you can find a "Y" fitting which reduces the bend angle from the petcock to the fitting before it goes to the filter. The front spigot doesn't flow until you switch to Prime. I think you have a standard, and it shouldn't flow if left in ON unless the engine is running and applying vacuum to the control valve within the petcock. So you shouldn't "have" to turn it to off, but it's a good habit anyways just in case it does leak, and the carbs float valves don't stop it!

T.C.
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

His profile say special, so no vacuum petcocks. And the standard has vacuum petcocks, but unless they have been modified the is NO off position on them, so with unmodified petcocks it's not possible to turn them off even if one wished to on a standard. Of course the mod that psychoreefer came up with to provide an off position is about as simple as mods come, I just need to have a time when the tank is empty so I can pull the plates off and grind that tab off. I guess I could just take the chance, but I don't want gas all over the garage while I'm grinding metal off that metal plate, what with the sparks flying onto the floor and all .
      Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
      Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
      Vetter Windjammer IV
      Vetter hard bags & Trunk
      OEM Luggage Rack
      Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
      Spade Fuse Box
      Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
      750 FD Mod
      TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
      XJ1100 Front Footpegs
      XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

Ok, I was thinking the same thing. But here's my confusion. By VIN my should be a special but I have a vacuum mod on top the heads. My valves have "off, prime, on, res" so it my bike a frankenstein???? I posted a picture early on one of my threads and was told it was a special by looks of front forks, round gauges, but yet someone mentioned standard because of the rear shocks/bar.
        1980 XS1100
        1980 GS550 "bobber" Project
        1981 Honda CB900C Custom-working on restoring
        1996 Kawasaki KLX650 Enduro (love this bike!)
        2008 Yamaha TTR50 (used my boy as an excuse to buy this one. LOL)
        www.cvsimotorsports.com One stop shop for all your automotive and marine needs!
        Team Rice Racing Website
        Step Up or Step Aside

Comment

Working...
        X