1981 venturer Save of Cafe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1981 venturer Save of Cafe

I got a 1981 Venturer as my fist bike, its ran like **** so I fixed it. The bags are cracked and missing the factory hinges so the PO made some hold down. The fairing is in ok shape and the tank has chipped paint and some rust spots. The paint is faded really bad on everything. If I do cafe it should I keep everything that is OEM or junk it because its condition?
    1981 xs1100 venturer... Finally runs
    Still has carb issues, but runs
    For all of your Amsoil needs go to www.mrguysoil.com

Originally posted by Stepka View Post
    I got a 1981 Venturer as my fist bike, its ran like **** so I fixed it. The bags are cracked and missing the factory hinges so the PO made some hold down. The fairing is in ok shape and the tank has chipped paint and some rust spots. The paint is faded really bad on everything. If I do cafe it should I keep everything that is OEM or junk it because its condition?
    Hi Stepka,
    As it sound as though the only remaining problems are cosmetic: Either paint and repair to keep as a Venturer or remove and SAVE the parts for the future.
    Phil
    1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
    1983 XJ 650 Maxim
    2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Originally posted by MaximPhil View Post
      Hi Stepka,
      As it sound as though the only remaining problems are cosmetic: Either paint and repair to keep as a Venturer or remove and SAVE the parts for the future.
      Phil
      I was thinking of saving everything, it just takes up a lot of space.

Comment

Hi Stepka,
        The Venturer is considered "rare" and is sought after by some people. Maybe if that is not what you want you could either sell it as is or fix it up and get a better price. Then perhaps a less than perfect Special would convert to a cafe style more easily ?
        Phil
        1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
        1983 XJ 650 Maxim
        2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Originally posted by MaximPhil View Post
          Hi Stepka,
          The Venturer is considered "rare" and is sought after by some people. Maybe if that is not what you want you could either sell it as is or fix it up and get a better price. Then perhaps a less than perfect Special would convert to a cafe style more easily ?
          Phil
          Exactly the reason I was thinking about keeping everything, for resale reasons. So the next owner would have everything to make it original and a ready to go cafe, but that's if I ever sell it :-)

Comment

Working...
          X