No announcement yet.

Need a primary shaft clutch damper asy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a primary shaft clutch damper asy.

Last year I started to get a slight 'slip/lurch when shifting into 2nd. Only happened maybe 1 out of 20 or 30 shifts. It has now gotten to the point of doing it almost every time I start off in 1st gear. It has to be the cam dampers and cam damper spring of the primary shaft clutch damper assembly.
    If any one has a spare they would be willing to part with (and it doesn't cost more than my XJ is worth) I'd appreciate it.

Louis
    "There is no mechanical problem so difficult that it cannot be overcome by
    brute strength and ignorance" And possibly some Mouse Milk!
    '82 XJ1100J
    LED Dir and running lights
    LED Tail/Brake lights (4) one flashing
    Modulated H/L
    PIAA Driving lights
    YICS Eliminated
    750 FD

Yamaha Factory X-1 Fairing and Luggage

That sounds like the infamous second gear issue on the XS1100 line (normally seen in first gear first on the XJs), as I doubt a primary chain issue would show in only one gear and very unlikely in a low gear if it did. Look up the tech tips on the second gear fix, it can be done without splitting the cases, and several have done it without flipping the bike, and one member did it by suspending the bike from the rafters of his garage using tow straps so it was standing on it's tail although many do it by turning the bike on it's back.
    Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
    Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
    Vetter Windjammer IV
    Vetter hard bags & Trunk
    OEM Luggage Rack
    Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
    Spade Fuse Box
    Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
    750 FD Mod
    TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
    XJ1100 Front Footpegs
    XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

Working...
    X