JBM Industries Diaphragm Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JBM Industries Diaphragm Replacement

I have an 80 SG and need to replace the Diaphragms. I've read the thread showing the JBM option. In this thread it states that the BS34 (73mm) will work for both early and latter models, but the JBM web site states that the BS38 (77mm) is the correct part. Can someone tell me what part # to order. I called JBM and they were no help.
    1980 XS1100SG
    Progressive Springs
    Jardine 4 into 2 Headers with HD Fatboy Mufflers

2009 Polaris RZR

Quote taken from Toolmaker Tim's Tech Tip....

The diaphragms can be gotten from www.jbmindustries.com . You can order on line with PayPal or call the owner at the phone number listed. They offer 2 diaphragms for the Mikuni CV34 carbs. For our purposes we need the BS34 with a 73mm groove. The diaphragms for the BS34II or the BS38 won't fit

Here's the whole tech tip.....

http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33250
    2H7 (79)
    3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

I added some to the formal tech tip when it was posted after doing some research into the latter carbs. A fellow posted on their (JBM) website that he had installed them onto his newer Yamaha, and the part numbers for the vac slide were the same as for the latter XS11's, so I inferred that they should also work/fit for the latter carbs, although it may be a slight bit tighter fitting it to the slide since it's(slide) a "little" wider/larger than the early model carbs, but just barely!

T.C.
      T. C. Gresham
      81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
      79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
      History shows again and again,
      How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Thanks for the help.
        1980 XS1100SG
        Progressive Springs
        Jardine 4 into 2 Headers with HD Fatboy Mufflers

2009 Polaris RZR