Rims too heavy...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cywelchjr View Post
    The XJ is 16" rather than 17, and the limiting factor on tire width is more the swingarm than the rim, as the swingarm will rub on a not much larger than stock tire, to go larger requires either some sort of offset system and/or modification of the swingarm around the driveshaft area or going to a chain drive setup. One of the problem with all the chain drive setups I have seen for the 11's is the size of the front sprocket you can use is so small that chain life is going to be really short. You have to be able to move the forward sprocket out far enough to get clearance there, and then it's likely to get in the way of your leg .
    my 81 sports has the swirly wheels fitted
    the rear is a 17", i havent got an xj but thought
    they would be the same?
    personally i like the look of the straight spoke wheels.
    pete

new owner of
    08 gen2 hayabusa

former owner
    1981 xs1100 RH (aus) (5N5)
    zrx carbs
    18mm float height
    145 main jets
    38 pilots
    slide needle shimmed .5mm washer
    fitted with v/stax and uni pod filters

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pA8dwxmAVA&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL[/url]

Comment

I was referring to rim width ... according to the crazy old guys at the shop near me our rims are a Tad narrow wnr cause the center to wear taster because of how they squeeze the tire...
      " She'll make point five past lightspeed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself. "

79 xs11 standard
      xs pods, Kerker 4-1, zrx1200r carbs mikesxs coils 35k voltz of power!!!
      8mm msd wires
      tkat fork brace...
      Fox shocks...
      mikes650 front fender
      led's gallore...
      renthal bars
      gold valve emulators
      vmax tensioner
      Rifle fairing

Comment

Working...
      X