Amesoil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amesoil

Supposedly Amesoil is best oil made, I have used it in my 2003 Acura CL gearbox and have been very pleased. This is what I was also thinking about using it in my XJ but wondered if anyone else had tried it.

http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/fgr.aspx
    Last edited by Woof; 07-17-2011, 12:47 PM. Reason: Spelling

Hey Woof,

Here's a recent thread on Gear Oil you might find interesting?

http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread...&highlight=gl5

With regards to the gear sections...Middle and Final drives, they are separate from the Engine oil, and almost any variation of dino/synth is okay.

Can be a different story with the actual Engine oil and the clutches....lots of threads to find with a little SEARCH.

T.C.
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

I used Amsoil motorcycle oil for a while. I'm sure it's good stuff, but I found I was extending my drain times due to the expense. I'm currently using Yamalube because I have an inexpensive source.
      Marty (in Mississippi)
      XS1100SG
      XS650SK
      XS650SH
      XS650G
      XS6502F
      XS650E

Comment

i just put Amsoil in my CBR1000F and it shifts smoother. i put Mobil 1 20W50 specially formulated Air Cooled V-Twin in my XS11, and its totally changed
        the clunky shifts into silky smooth shifts. id buy Mobil 1 for the Yammi, but Amsoil's great also. probably any bike formula 100% Synthetic is best cause thats what changed both of mine. guess its a matter of choice.
        Max

81 XS1100SH Black Beast Mutt
        Kerker 4/1
        stock carbs and air box.
        78 headlite, handle bars,
        1 set of ea-160/85mph guages,
        crash bars, cruise control

Other 2 Wheelers
        78 XS1100E jet kit, Kerker 4/1, air pods, jet kit-RIP
        94 CBR1000F jet kit,Two Bros pipe, K&N Filter

Comment

oil........

Woof......I have a VTX 1300 r that had valves that sounded like a bag of hammers. I bought it new and put the first mile on it. I went with synth oil and the noise all but went away!.............great stuff that!. I use it in all my vehicles.
          At this time:
          1985 Goldwing Innr.
          1976 cb 750 cafe racer
          2007 vtx 1300
          81 sx 1100 s h
          81 sx 400 special

Comment

I have used synthetic for a while now no problem. I also just bought one of the new risolene bottles of zddp. Its safe for wet clutches. I have read good stuff on it from other vintage bike sites. It was 7.99 on sale a few weeks ago. This replaces the zinc no longer found in most modern oils. Great for old hot rod cars and bikes.
            " She'll make point five past lightspeed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself. "

79 xs11 standard
            xs pods, Kerker 4-1, zrx1200r carbs mikesxs coils 35k voltz of power!!!
            8mm msd wires
            tkat fork brace...
            Fox shocks...
            mikes650 front fender
            led's gallore...
            renthal bars
            gold valve emulators
            vmax tensioner
            Rifle fairing

Comment

Originally posted by Woof View Post
              Supposedly Amesoil is best oil made, I have used it in my 2003 Acura CL gearbox and have been very pleased...
              Yeah, it's the best oil made... just ask them...

The thing I find interesting about Amsoil is their complaining about the 'big brotherliness' of SAE/API testing, the expense of testing, how those tests don't accurately reflect the 'superiority' of their oils, blah, blah, blah...

But when their oils are tested by independent labs, they don't perform very well...
              Fast, Cheap, Reliable... Pick any two

'78E original owner - resto project
              '78E ???? owner - Modder project FJ forks, 4-piston calipers F/R, 160/80-16 rear tire
              '82 XJ rebuild project
              '80SG restified, red SOLD
              '79F parts...
              '81H more parts...

Other current bikes:
              '93 XL1200 Anniversary Sportster 85RWHP
              '86 XL883/1200 Chopper
              '82 XL1000 w/1450cc Buell, Baker 6-speed, in-progress project
              Cage: '13 Mustang GT/CS with a few 'custom' touches
              Yep, can't leave nuthin' alone...

Comment

Working...