idle mixture o-rings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• idle mixture o-rings

Has anyone had luck finding idle mixture o-rings at NAPA or a good hardware store. Hate to buy a kit and shipping cost when all I need is o-rings.
    [B Bone stock 1981 SX1100LH 1,430 miles bringing back to life, slowly but surely.
    1973 RT3][/B]

Originally posted by SLB1963 View Post
    Has anyone had luck finding idle mixture o-rings at NAPA or a good hardware store. Hate to buy a kit and shipping cost when all I need is o-rings.
    You might be able to get the right size in the full set from HF, but you can get the o-rings washers and springs pretty cheap from MikesXS, IIRC they come in pairs, so you need two pairs, and you generally should replace the springs as well, they get weak over time.
    Cy

1980 XS1100G (Brutus) w/81H Engine
    Duplicolor Mirage Paint Job (Purple/Green)
    Vetter Windjammer IV
    Vetter hard bags & Trunk
    OEM Luggage Rack
    Jardine Spaghetti 4-2 exhaust system
    Spade Fuse Box
    Turn Signal Auto Cancel Mod
    750 FD Mod
    TC Spin on Oil Filter Adapter (temp removed)
    XJ1100 Front Footpegs
    XJ1100 Shocks

I was always taught to respect my elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

Comment

Last I heard, the viton o-ring kit from Harbor freight has 10 of the right size in it. If you have a HF close to you, it would save you on shipping.
      1980 XS850SG - Sold
      1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
      Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
      Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
      -H. Ford

Comment

Thanks for the information.
        [B Bone stock 1981 SX1100LH 1,430 miles bringing back to life, slowly but surely.
        1973 RT3][/B]

Comment

Working...
        X