spark plug wires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spark plug wires

(?) Anybody tried an 8mm copper core plug wire that after a period of time, they can say they are quite satisfied with? I've been running the black Mike'sXS coils for about 2 years with a 7mm wire that I feel the insulation is not up to my standards. Am looking at maybe getting a roll of this Kingsborne wire
    http://www.kingsbornewires.com/produ...&categoryId=90
    Have also considered the Taylor solid core wire (8mm)...........
    I installed NGK Iridium plugs in my machine today.
    JCarltonRiggs

81XS1100SH; WorkingMotorcycle,Not For Show,DeletedFairing,SportsterHL,
    7½ gal. Kaw Concours gastank,1972 Wixom Bros. bags

79XS1100F; ?Parts?, or to Restore?

i have a really nice marine 7mm double insulated copper tinned wire i use been on the bike for 7 years with no problem
    careful what you wish for.........you might get it

Comment

I run 8 mm Accel spark plug wires in my outer stock coils and have had no problems.The boots are molded into the wire.
      1980 XS1100 SG
      Inline fuel filters
      New wires in old coils-outer spark plugs
      160 mph speedometer mod
      Kerker Exhaust
      xschop K & N air filter setup
      Dynojet Recalibration kit
      1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100
      1997 Jeep Cherokee 4.5"lift installed

Comment

Originally posted by oldyam80sg View Post
        I run 8 mm Accel spark plug wires in my outer stock coils and have had no problems.The boots are molded into the wire.
        oldyam; was it a fair job integrating/molding the new 8mm wires into the stock coils? Did you do it yourself? ..........just curious. Would not be much of a project for me to do that, since I've got the aftermarket MikesXS black coils on my machine.
        JCarltonRiggs

81XS1100SH; WorkingMotorcycle,Not For Show,DeletedFairing,SportsterHL,
        7½ gal. Kaw Concours gastank,1972 Wixom Bros. bags

79XS1100F; ?Parts?, or to Restore?

Comment

I use silicone leads with carbon fibre cores, in conjunction with Dyna coils and iridium plugs. The silicone leads are much more flexible than usual metal cored ones and I think carbon fibre has less resistance than copper? Also, they don;t suffer from the ends getting corroded and cracking etc. Mine have been on for at least 6 months with no problems at all. Quite the opposite, in fact. I noticed an instant difference in running when I fitted the above.
          XS1100F 1980 European model. Standard. Dyna coils. Iridium plugs. XS750 final drive (sometimes). Micron fork brace. Progressive front springs. Geezer regulator/rectifier. Stainless 4 into 2 exhaust. Auto CCT (Venturer 1300) SOLD. New project now on the go. 1980 European model.

Comment

Pretty easy job putting new wires in old coils.I tried years ago to put Accel coils on my bike long before this site was born and could not get it right.I'm happy with the 8 mm wires.
            1980 XS1100 SG
            Inline fuel filters
            New wires in old coils-outer spark plugs
            160 mph speedometer mod
            Kerker Exhaust
            xschop K & N air filter setup
            Dynojet Recalibration kit
            1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100
            1997 Jeep Cherokee 4.5"lift installed

Comment

Working...
            X