No announcement yet.

Bolt on Fork Brace --- Yes or No ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking at the Micron, I would say it will NOT fit a special. The fender clearance isn't correct for it.
    The Tkat brace fits both, as he uses two different parts. I have Tkat braces on ALL my XS1100's. Special Ed just had one put on his bike about a month ago. He REALLY can tell the difference.
    Like the micron, the dust shields stay on the forks, and it takes about 10 minutes to install. For me, the $100 is worth the money for the stability it adds.
    Ray Matteis
    KE6NHG
    XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
    XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Bought the Tkat fork brace about two weeks ago. Put it on my 81 SH. I thought it would probably make a difference but I 'm surprised how big a difference it is. The feel of the front end on a straight away is just rock steady and in the curves it feels glued to the road. I have a 79 SF I'll be putting one on.
      It was $92.00 including shipping. I sent the check from MN. to CA.as instructed and in six days I had the brace in my hand. Oh yea it looks good too.

blkryno

81 11 SH (83 Venture cct, Tkat fork brace on )
      79 11 SF (83 Venture cct on the shelf for it.)

Semper Fi

Loud Pipes
      Draw Cops

Comment

Yes, my further research indicates the Micron won't fit my Special. Don't know if anyone besides Tkat has one for the Special so I'd better start saving my pennies...
        Current Daily Rides / Projects

1979 Yamaha XS1100F (since 2015)...Project
        1980 Suzuki GS850G (since 2012)
        1979 Kawasaki KZ400B (since 2013)

Comment

Originally posted by neJeff View Post
          Yes, my further research indicates the Micron won't fit my Special.
          Hi Jeff,
          if you happen to come across a Micron brace for a total bargain price, You can space up the bridge piece with easily made aluminum spacers and use longer bolts.
          Fred Hill, S'toon
          XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
          "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Working...
          X