Manometer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manometer

I was looking at this tool and was wondering if anyone knows if the 11 needs the optional 6 mm adapters to work... I understand this type is much better than the gauge type. Whatcha think?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MOTIO...Q5fAccessories
    When the horse is dead, dismount.

Bagapotomus - '80G Attempted Rescue, '78 Engine, Vetter Bags and Trunk.

For just a little more get something without liquid in it. WWW.carbtune.com
    Nathan
    KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
    K&N Filter
    #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
    OEM Exhaust
    ATK Fork Brace
    LED Dash lights
    Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
    SS Brake Lines
    Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

You don't need those adapters, our carb boots have vacuum ports on them already. The bare end of the manometer's rubber hose goes directly to the ports.
      2H7 (79)
      3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Nate's right. The liquid ain't a good thing.
        Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

I bought the MotionPro model and it is mercury free so it won't hurt anything. You just need to be careful to not rev like a mad man while syncing. I didn't come close to 3k while doing it which is the recommended ceiling for it. Worked good for me. Nonliquid is a better option if you rev like a mad-man while syncing. I redid my bike on a budget however, and that extra $10 went to other things Maybe you would prefer the other option.
          1980 XS1100SG "Black Mamba" 28K
          1979 XS1100F 33k (Current Project)
          1981 XS1100H "Blue Balls" (Crashed and under repair )

1978 XS1100E "Partsy"

Work Hard, Play Harder!

Comment

Originally posted by Lbrown311 View Post
            I redid my bike on a budget however, and that extra $10 went to other things Maybe you would prefer the other option.
            Yeah - the budget thing... I just want to tune my bike, not open a motorcycle shop... This is the type of tool that will be used twice and sit. But it will look good in the man-cave!

Comment

I do mine with a single vacuum gage from my Mity-vac hooked to a PVC plenum and jsut move the inle tube from carb to carb. Takes a little longer, but alot cheaper, if your on a budget.
              Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
              80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
              93 GSX600F
              80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
              81 XS1100 Special
              81 CB750 C
              80 CB750 C
              78 XS750

Comment

Originally posted by Barnfresh View Post
                Yeah - the budget thing... I just want to tune my bike, not open a motorcycle shop... This is the type of tool that will be used twice and sit. But it will look good in the man-cave!
                HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! That's a funny Joke! Trust me, you will be very friendly with that thing!
                Nathan
                KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
                K&N Filter
                OEM Exhaust
                ATK Fork Brace
                LED Dash lights

Green Monster Coils
                SS Brake Lines

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by natemoen View Post
                  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! That's a funny Joke! Trust me, you will be very friendly with that thing!
                  Agree with Nate, you will use that thing for sure once a year. If you do anything to the carbs or the engines functions you will want to check your sync. Makes the biggest difference in a bikes performance IMHO. If your carbs aren't sync'd then the whole bike runs poorly comparitively. You will notice a HUGE difference with sync'd carbs. Trust in that. It is definately a good tool to own, hence the reason for my purchase. Also purchased the Gunson Colortune so it idles and takes off properly. Good luck!
                  1980 XS1100SG "Black Mamba" 28K
                  1979 XS1100F 33k (Current Project)
                  1981 XS1100H "Blue Balls" (Crashed and under repair )

1978 XS1100E "Partsy"

Work Hard, Play Harder!

Comment

Here is the $4 solution ($8 for 4 cyl)...

http://www.airheads.org/content/view/183/98/

I thought Beemer people were all rich...

Comment

Here is the $4 solution ($8 for 4 cyl)...

http://www.airheads.org/content/view/183/98/

I thought Beemer people were all rich...
                      Works, yeah, but its a PITA!!
                      Nathan
                      KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
                      K&N Filter
                      OEM Exhaust
                      ATK Fork Brace
                      LED Dash lights

Green Monster Coils
                      SS Brake Lines

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Here is the $4 solution ($8 for 4 cyl)... I thought Beemer people were all rich...
                        Hi Terry,
                        the U-tube balances one carb against another. A 4-way needs 4 tubes going into a common jar so you are balancing each carb against atmospheric pressure.
                        There's also trickier ways, you can look them up on the net.
                        Beemer people are also incredibly anal and an ATF manometer is 13 times as accurate as one that uses mercury.
                        Fred Hill, S'toon
                        XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
                        "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Originally posted by fredintoon View Post
                          the U-tube balances one carb against another. A 4-way needs 4 tubes going into a common jar so you are balancing each carb against atmospheric pressure.
                          Yeah I can see that now... Two U's don't do anymore than one U... Motion Pro or Carbtune looking better and better. Getting mighty tired of burping and spitting at low speed... And the bikes not running very good either.

Comment

Another option, I use this type and they work just fine after calibrating all 4 guages with my mity-vac.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Carbu...motiveQ5fTools
                            2H7 (79)
                            3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

2 gauge set-up

What do you guys think about just buying two vacuum gauges and calibrating one to the other, and then using that for a sync tool? I can get vac gauges for $22 each and have plenty of plywood and vac tubing on hand to complete it with. I figure it would be quicker than a single gauge set-up, and cheaper than the one from Carbtune.
                              Richard
                              '79 XS1100SF "Phantom Stranger" full fairing w/radio and cd player, H-D Roadking trunk, everything else stock
                              '02 Honda VTX1800C

Comment

Working...
                              X