Gps
Collapse
X
-
Rapid City, South Dakota. Thanks. I didn't think it would be a problem, and I only planned on using it at stops. -
rapid city? iowa? as in mason city? if so give me a call and ill show yea aroundI've been reading a lot about the charging system on different treads. We are taking my bike down to Rapid City this coming week and not being familiar with the area thought I should take along the GPS. I know that it doesn't take much to run it, but with what I've read, I'm wondering if this could cause more problems than it will solve. The bike's charging system should be able to take on this minimal load, right?
call me if your orind the area 6419038814
Leave a comment:
-
Careful using GPS while riding! Earlier this spring a couple on the ST site clipped another couple on a full dress RoadKing coming out of a corner.......reason, took his eyes of the road looking at his GPS. Serious injuries to both parties resulted! Nothing against the GPS on a scoot as a farkle, but as Greg stated, a look at a map between stops works better, plus stops are every couple hundred miles on a scoot as opposed to big rigs that can roll better than 1200miles between fuel stops, and legally can't do that anyways by DOT regs. with 10hr. on, 11hr.off. Anyway, just a reminder of ANOTHER hazard you may be creating while riding!Leave a comment:
-
I don't know about yours, but the Garmin I had a few years ago had a page that had a voltage readout on it, so you could self diagnose the charging system.
CZ
Leave a comment:
-
I just use maps myself since I used to drive truck. But if you have someone to follow that has a GPS.........follow 'em.
Less crap to carry.Leave a comment:
-
Gps
I've been reading a lot about the charging system on different treads. We are taking my bike down to Rapid City this coming week and not being familiar with the area thought I should take along the GPS. I know that it doesn't take much to run it, but with what I've read, I'm wondering if this could cause more problems than it will solve. The bike's charging system should be able to take on this minimal load, right?Tags: None
Leave a comment: