Jardine 4 into 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jardine 4 into 1

I just picked up a Jardine 4 to 1 exhaust, baffles look good pipes aren't great but didn't pay much for the set. For those that have them on or have used them just curious how much louder they are then stock and if they sound "good" as an exhaust system. not looking for performance just a meaner sound. megaphone is in really good shape, just the pipes are bad. probably not worth re-chroming the pipes if I like them. Anyone know what chroming would cost or powder coating the whole system?
    1978 XS1100
    1979 Honda Goldwing

I had a Jardine on one of mine for about an hour. They drag on not too hard right hand banks... Be careful
    "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
    1981 LH

Comment

I have two sets. The older set is better: deeper tone, bike runs better. With the newer set, the insert at the end of the megephone came loose (I had to fix it) and the performance never really matched the older set. With either set, going more than 100 mph is a challange to the bikes, which really does not bother me that much since I try to avoid the "go directly to jail speeds." This may in part be my settings with the carbs. I do get good low-end torque with each, but some poppity-pop on deceleration. The only thing left to adjust is the float levels because bigger pilots or pilot screw adjustments cause an over rich condition. I will say that I like the side-stand being easier to access without the standard exhaust in the way.
      Skids (Sid Hansen)

Down to one 1978 E. Stock air box with K&N filter, 81H pipes and carbs, 8500 feet elevation.

Comment

Working...
      X