trunk on ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trunk on ebay

Has anyone bought one of these trunks from ebay?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MOTOR...mZ200612850047

I'm wondering about the quality of the seller and the trunk itself.

It says it will fit on any 8x8 rack which I have on the back of my xj1100 so I think I'm ok there but is there anything I need to watch out for?

I don't have speakers or a radio so I won't make use of the speaker boxes...

Thanks!
    1982 XJ1100 - Given to me as a gift!! Only 10,600 miles!
    1983 Honda Silverwing - Sold in 2003

About 3 or 4 years ago I bought one of these. Don't know about the seller, I don't remember who listed it on e-bay.
    As for the trunk... lots of room, cheep lock a pocketknife will pop it open (you have to keep it locked while riding otherwise road vibrations will shake the lock open, 2 full face helmets barely fit but... the lid won't close. The one I bought also said it was "made with High-Intensity ABS Plastic", Not sure what kind of plastic it is but ABS will solvent bond with MEK. When the hinge broke MEK wouldn't touch it. but that was several years ago.
    I don't know what they mean by speaker box.
    Looks like the backrest is improved. overall it's an good trunk. I can fit a small tool kit, 2 pair of chaps, a 3xl leather jacket and my beanie helmet plus a couple of other things. I've used it a lot, strapped stuff to the top of it and it's held up well so far, except the broken hinge.

however if I had it to do over again I'd probably buy this one. http://www.saddlemen.com/store/index...oducts_id=7293
    I saw it at the local cycle parts and accessories store for $139. This one is ABS and very good quality. only problem is no back rest.

Hope this helps.
    82' XJ1100 turned "bagger" with Vetter Fairing.

Comment

To a point I just dislike the seller. Depending on what bike he names in the listing title the price is different.
      Nathan
      KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
      K&N Filter
      #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
      OEM Exhaust
      ATK Fork Brace
      LED Dash lights
      Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
      SS Brake Lines
      Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

i got one for sale! pm me if intrested i just put it in the for sale stuff!
        _____________________________________________ 1979 XS 1100 Special "The judge" mods- K&N air pods, 4-1 mac, 147.5 pilots, 57.5 mains, LED turn signal, cafe bars, HEL translucent yellow stainless steel brake line, dyna coil (dc2-1), raptor 660 mc, r6 controls..(sold)

1982 gs1100e "all business" cafe project
        1980 gs1000g "stock"
        1982 honda express "stretched 10 inch(my daughters scooter)
        2008 jmstar 150cc Chinese scooter ( wife's bike)

Comment

Working...
        X