Footpeg assembly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Footpeg assembly

Im trying to get together all the parts i need to get my driver foot pegs stock. currently there are some aftermarket crash bars that run along the side of my bike and the foot pegs are mounted to. I want to get rid of these because they cause more danger than help. I ordered stock pegs on ebay, and I was wondering how these hook up and what size bolts I need. It looks like the bolts are also engine mounts, am I right? I tried looking up pics to see how they hook up but nothing good came from that. Any ideas?
    '78E

That is correct. The drivers pegs mount BEHIND the aluminum peg mounts, and the rear lower bolt holds them in place. The bolt should pull out of the right side, and the nut is on the left, or shifter, side.
    The engine may shift when the bolt is pulled, so be prepared to support it. The pegs ARE left and right, so look at them before installing!
    Ray Matteis
    KE6NHG
    XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
    XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Originally posted by DiverRay View Post
      That is correct. The drivers pegs mount BEHIND the aluminum peg mounts, and the rear lower bolt holds them in place. The bolt should pull out of the right side, and the nut is on the left, or shifter, side.
      The engine may shift when the bolt is pulled, so be prepared to support it. The pegs ARE left and right, so look at them before installing!
      Hi Brian,
      what Ray sez. In addition, look to see what (if anything) the dreaded PO put there instead. Hopefully a giant nut or a washer stack to fill up the gap that you can remove and discard. If not, the PO reefing on the through-bolt may have squeezed the frame tubes inwards and you'll be stuck with a too-small gap.
      Fred Hill, S'toon
      XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
      "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Thanks for the response! Hopefully i can get this right when my pegs show up
        '78E

Comment

Working...
        X