Carb Boots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carb Boots

Not too long ago someone posted a link to reasonably priced (around $60 if I remember correctly) Carb Boots, I ran a search but not having any luck. Really appreciate the knowledge base and thanks in advance.

http://www.siriusconinc.com/search_r...&search=search

Sirius Consolidated, Inc

Scroll down
    Marty (in Mississippi)
    XS1100SG
    XS650SK
    XS650SH
    XS650G
    XS6502F
    XS650E

Comment

hi woof

if you want to try and salvage your current boots until you find some new ones use plasti-dip i did and it works well ,,but you must coat the boots at least 8 times allowing good drying time in between coats,,use a small paint brush rather than spraying from the can,,,it is available at most hardware stores mm ride safe ,,slow mo!
      The Belfast Express {1980 xs11oo special/TC fuse box/mikes xs pods/bad boy horn!/mikes green coils/mac 4 into 2 exhaust/ standard bars/vetter fairing c/w ipod CD iphone am/fm radio/tkat fork brace ,,,tuned by tinman
      moemcnally@hotmail.com
      i AM THE KING OF NOTHING

the people here are great , doesn't matter about the bike really/hamjam ////

Comment

The real question is do you need to replace them. Several people who are not mechanically ignorant look at my bikes and comment that this needs to be dealt with. But they are not XS informed. Outer cracks are not an issue but normal at the age of these machines.Unless there is a confirmed loss of internal integrity it is not an issue. And they are constructed in a way that it almost always is not .
        79SF
        XJ11
        78E

Comment

Originally posted by slow mo View Post
          if you want to try and salvage your current boots until you find some new ones use plasti-dip i did and it works well ,,but you must coat the boots at least 8 times allowing good drying time in between coats,,use a small paint brush rather than spraying from the can,,,it is available at most hardware stores mm ride safe ,,slow mo!
          +1 on the Plasti-Dip. I used it on my 80 SG boots and they look almost brand new. Comes in a few colours if you want to get creative.
          1980 XS 1100 Special
          Mostly stock & original
          Added Yamaha fairing (w/ 8-track!)
          Torpedo bags
          New paint (still) pending
          Stainless brake lines
          Tkat forkbrace
          Coils from Honda 1000

Previous bikes:
          1968(?) 350 Harley Davidson
          1977 Yamaha 650

Comment

Changing these boots is something I have wanted to do since last September when I bought the bike. I made a weekend project of stripping the paint, repairing couple dings in the tank then repainting the the tank & air box with automotive quality black PPG paint and clear coat as well as swapping the boots.

All that's left is hooking up the carb's, man what a tight fit, ya really gotta know what to move out of the way and hold your mouth right getting these things lined up again. Guess while I'm at it I should synch the carb's, anxious to see how she runs.

http://s110.photobucket.com/albums/n...1982%20XJ1100/

Comment

Carb sync is not really an optional thing, it is a must.
              Nathan
              KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
              K&N Filter
              #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
              OEM Exhaust
              ATK Fork Brace
              LED Dash lights
              Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
              SS Brake Lines
              Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Working...
              X