Burned valve symptoms??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burned valve symptoms??

Howdy all. I got the valves shimmed, but still have a very slight miss at lower rpm. Im the guy in the Philippines that had all the miss problems, found out it was an intake valve. That miss has been fixed completely. My valve lash on one intake was .0015, after shimming, its .004. Oh, I have an 80 SG. Im putting new plugs in tomorrow. Ive got brand new 3 ohm coils, new plug wires, have pretty gone through every possible scenario for misses, but now, as Ive said, Ive got a slight miss at low rpm. What are the symptoms of a burned valve??? Thanx in advance, and mabuhay from the Philippines.

Randy

PS-Dont know if its important, but I didnt run the bike very much after it started missing, spent all the time trying to find out what it was!!
    Smiling in the Philippines
    1980 XS Eleven Special
    Running nicely thanks to this forum!

Have you removed the ballast resistor since you added the 3-ohm coils?
    Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
    80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
    93 GSX600F
    80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
    81 XS1100 Special
    81 CB750 C
    80 CB750 C
    78 XS750

Comment

Yup!!!!!! It could be bad plugs, will change them tomorrow and find out.
      Smiling in the Philippines
      1980 XS Eleven Special
      Running nicely thanks to this forum!

Comment

If you have the tool to do a leak down test, that will tell you right off if you have a burned valve. It will also give indications on the health of the rest of the parts in each cylinder.
        Mike Giroir
        79 XS-1100 Special

Once you un-can a can of worms, the only way to re-can them is with a bigger can.

Comment

Working...
        X