After Market Ignition?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After Market Ignition?

Dyna list an electronice ignition for a FJ1100 does any one know if that would work on an XS1100? It comes with the pickups, wiring and the box for 385.00 coils extra.

Anybody know or have a good guess?
    Sam Bodie

MSD makes an aftermarket ignition for the xs1100. you have to use MSD coils with it total for ignition box and and coils is like $500 or so..
    Shawn
    78 XS1100E "Black Rat"
    78 XS1100E Parts
    www.hotrod1972.com

Comment

Shawn,

Do you have link or a supplier name for that MSD ignition? I went to the MSD web site but couldn't find the xs1100 listed.

TIA
      Sam Bodie

Comment

That might take some time fo find IF i still have it.. I actually emailed MSD and they gave me the name of a distributor for Bike stuff
        Shawn
        78 XS1100E "Black Rat"
        78 XS1100E Parts
        www.hotrod1972.com

Comment

Links for MSD Ignitions!

Hey there folks,

I did a quick search for MSD Motorcycle Ignitions and came up with the following links:

http://www.prfactorystore.com/2mc4strk.htm

http://www.factorydirectperformance.com/mcindex.htm

But.....it looks like they only have triggers/pickup coil sets for the modern bikes, the GSXR, Kawasaki, Suzuki, and "Harley", but not for Yamaha or Honda?? Not sure if the ones for the other's could be made to fit/work??

The Ignition modules are claimed to be able to work with 1/2/4 cylinder bikes?? Not sure where or how you would get/have the right triggers for it!? The web pages show contact info! HTH.

T.C.
          T. C. Gresham
          81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
          79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
          History shows again and again,
          How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Re: After Market Ignition?

Originally posted by sambodie
            Dyna list an electronice ignition for a FJ1100 does any one know if that would work on an XS1100? It comes with the pickups, wiring and the box for 385.00 coils extra.

Anybody know or have a good guess?
            I had correspondence with them a coupla-few years ago, the FJ kit will not fit XS according to them, and they were not willing to look into modifying it for the XS.
            Mike * Seattle * 82 F'n'XJ1100 *

Comment

Working...
            X