1978 xs1100e rear brake pads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1978 xs1100e rear brake pads

Hi all, almost choked when my local yamaha dealer told me that my 1978 xs1100e rear brake pads were only $90.00 bucks plus tax. Since I have never replaced them, thought this might be high, am I wrong? Does anyone know the part number? Thanks
    Some make 'em, most just make payments on 'em!
    1978 XS 1100E
    Vance & Hines Slip on Straight Shot Exhaust
    K & N Air filter
    Home built forward controls
    Vulcan Mustang seat
    A little chopped

http://s812.photobucket.com/albums/zz42/Brad_099/

They are all over eBay and cost about $10. I renewed all mine and didn't use a part number. Post a pic on here of your caliper and the old pads and people will point you to the right eBay listing.
    XS1100F 1980 European model. Standard. Dyna coils. Iridium plugs. XS750 final drive (sometimes). Micron fork brace. Progressive front springs. Geezer regulator/rectifier. Stainless 4 into 2 exhaust. Auto CCT (Venturer 1300) SOLD. New project now on the go. 1980 European model.

Comment

All 78-81 XS1100 Standard and Specials with the exception of the 81 Midnight Special use the same rear pads. MikesXS even has them, P/N 29-3522 at $16.50 a set.
      Last edited by bikerphil; 06-08-2011, 04:31 PM.
      2H7 (79)
      3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Originally posted by bikerphil View Post
        All 78-81 XS1100 Standard and Specials with the exception of the 81 Midnight Special use the same rear pads.
        That's it then..... loads of pads on eBay at rather less than $90
        XS1100F 1980 European model. Standard. Dyna coils. Iridium plugs. XS750 final drive (sometimes). Micron fork brace. Progressive front springs. Geezer regulator/rectifier. Stainless 4 into 2 exhaust. Auto CCT (Venturer 1300) SOLD. New project now on the go. 1980 European model.

Comment

Thanks guys, I didn't think that they should be that much. The price is the price when you need it, if you can shop around, there's always a better deal. I just did not know the part number, don't even know if the part number and the OEM number are the same thing, does that make me simple?
          Some make 'em, most just make payments on 'em!
          1978 XS 1100E
          Vance & Hines Slip on Straight Shot Exhaust
          K & N Air filter
          Home built forward controls
          Vulcan Mustang seat
          A little chopped

http://s812.photobucket.com/albums/zz42/Brad_099/

Comment

Here's the OEM part # for rear pads, 78 Standard...

http://www.boats.net/parts/detail/ya...046-00-00.html
            2H7 (79)
            3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

EBC's 34's work fine.......less than 40bucks.
              81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

EBC's work fine.......dang, don't you guys up have a scoot shop ANYWHERE? That's sad if you can't buy brake pads locally for these.
                81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
                  EBC's work fine.......dang, don't you guys up have a scoot shop ANYWHERE? That's sad if you can't buy brake pads locally for these.
                  I have several shops nearby, but they all think parts are worth several appendages. I avoid the local shops whenever possible.
                  1980 XS850SG - Sold
                  1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
                  Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
                  Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
                  -H. Ford

Comment

I have several shops nearby, but they all think parts are worth several appendages.
                    I don't recall if we fixed the problem last November, but here in Georgia, businesses have been paying tax on inventory. Every year the dealer keeps those parts, the more he has invested in them. I can't do business with them, but the government is heavily involved with the problem.
                    Marty (in Mississippi)
                    XS1100SG
                    XS650SK
                    XS650SH
                    XS650G
                    XS6502F
                    XS650E

Comment

Originally posted by jetmechmarty View Post
                      I don't recall if we fixed the problem last November, but here in Georgia, businesses have been paying tax on inventory. Every year the dealer keeps those parts, the more he has invested in them. I can't do business with them, but the government is heavily involved with the problem.
                      Hi Marty,
                      no such tax here but the local dealers still have to buy and store parts. They get round this by not stocking much at all, "but we can bring it in for you, Sir" and WTF, if you can't wait a week for you didn't plan ahead, eh?
                      Perhaps those good ol' Georgia boys could warehouse their goods out of State and put up signs saying "don't blame us for the delay, complain to the Governor."
                      Fred Hill, S'toon
                      XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
                      "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

We voted that tax out last November. The counties may still impose the tax.
                        Marty (in Mississippi)
                        XS1100SG
                        XS650SK
                        XS650SH
                        XS650G
                        XS6502F
                        XS650E

Comment

Working...
                        X