Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YICS eliminator question

Howdy all,
    Today I installed one of Yahmans YICS eliminator rods and synced the carbs. And changed the oil. Took it for a ride, just to see if the oil worked. It worked.
    Got back and wondered if I should take the Eliminator back out. Runs good with it in, but I would hate to want to take it out at a later date, and find out that the oil used to install it had coked up in there, and the rod was a permanent part of the engine.
    Has anyone had one in for a long time, ( a year or so ) and taken it out?
    IMWTK, Thanks ,,, CZ

I left Yahmans YICS eliminator rod in my xj1100 and had the same performance (smooth power through all rpms). It is still in there a year later. I took the advice of others who never did take it out.

David
    1981 XS1100 Special
    Previous Bikes
    1999 Honda Goldwing Aspencade 1500
    1983 Honda Goldwing Aspencade 1100
    1982 Honda CB900c
    1984 Honda vt750 Shadow. My son's bike now.
    1984 Honda vt500 Shadow

Comment

Good choice davidsymons53!
      81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

I just ordered one yesterday. If anyone is thinking about screwing around with a homemade one, it isn't worth it to me risking getting it stuck in the port. This was yesterday...
        There's an inherent design flaw with the instructions for the homemade one.... If it encounters any resistance pulling it out, the pieces of hose expand and it does not want to come out..
        82J · 81SH · 79SF Fire Damage · 78E · 79F Parts Bike · 04 Buell Blast
        Website/Blog

Comment

Hi all,

A couple of weeks ago I removed mine to take a look. It's been installed for 2 1/2 years now. I had no problem removing it, it came out like it had only been in there for a short time. Everything looked about like it did when I installed it. It was dirty and there was some residue on it, like you may find inside an airbox. Nothing to be concerned with. I doubt it would ever get stuck in there. I cleaned it, put new o-rings on, lubricated it and reinstalled. It will probably be a very long time before I remove it again.

Larry
          Last edited by Yahman; 06-06-2011, 09:12 AM.
          Inventor of the YICS Eliminator. Want one? Get it here.
          http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread...399#post183399

If you're not riding, you're not living!
          82 XJ1100
          80 XS1100G (Project bike)
          64 Yamaha YA-6
          77 Suzuki TS-185

79 XS1100SF Built this one for a friend.
          See it here... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBYT4C9_6Ac

Comment

I just got mine in the mail today...super fast shipping!!!

I can't wait to put it in!

I can't imagine this could ever get stuck but like I said, proceed with caution if making one yourself!
            82J · 81SH · 79SF Fire Damage · 78E · 79F Parts Bike · 04 Buell Blast
            Website/Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Yahman View Post
              Hi all,

A couple of weeks ago I removed mine to take a look. It's been installed for 2 1/2 years now. I had no problem removing it, it came out like it had only been in there for a short time. Everything looked about like it did when I installed it. It was dirty and there was some residue on it, like you may find inside an airbox. Nothing to be concerned with. I doubt it would ever get stuck in there. I cleaned it, put new o-rings on, lubricated it and reinstalled. It will probably be a very long time before I remove it again.
              Larry
              Thanks Larry, for the answer, and the fast shipping, and for supplying such a handy tool. Guess I'll leave it in.
              CZ

Comment

Thank you.

Larry
                Inventor of the YICS Eliminator. Want one? Get it here.
                http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread...399#post183399

If you're not riding, you're not living!
                82 XJ1100
                80 XS1100G (Project bike)
                64 Yamaha YA-6
                77 Suzuki TS-185

79 XS1100SF Built this one for a friend.
                See it here... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBYT4C9_6Ac

Comment

Working...
                X