New Brake Lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Brake Lines

I was thinking about getting SS brake lines for the front and rear. I was wondering if you can just route the rear brake line without and pipe and the fittings in between, or does it serve a purpose. Just curious....like a cat since I bought this machine. I would think you would be able to just run a straight line from the rear MC to the caliper and reduce the amount of crap that can go wrong in between. Thanks in advance.

Lb
    1980 XS1100SG "Black Mamba" 28K
    1979 XS1100F 33k (Current Project)
    1981 XS1100H "Blue Balls" (Crashed and under repair )

1978 XS1100E "Partsy"

Work Hard, Play Harder!

Most people run a single SS line from the rear MC to the caliper, omiting the small steel line.
    2H7 (79)
    3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Love It

Just the answer I was waiting for. I assumed you could do that but wasn't exactly sure. Thanks

2 WEEKS hopefully!

1978 XS1100E "Partsy"

Work Hard, Play Harder!

Comment

Originally posted by Lbrown311 View Post
        I was thinking about getting SS brake lines for the front and rear. I was wondering if you can just route the rear brake line without and pipe and the fittings in between, or does it serve a purpose. Just curious....like a cat since I bought this machine. I would think you would be able to just run a straight line from the rear MC to the caliper and reduce the amount of crap that can go wrong in between. Thanks in advance. Lb
        Hi Lance,
        sure you can. You can also ditch the joiner and run two lines from the front m/c straight to the calipers instead.
        Fred Hill, S'toon
        XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
        "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Just got my new front lines made today locally. Stainless DOT and all. I kept the splitter and am going to go w/ a single rear line straight from the MC to the Caliper

Comment

How much did that run you to get them made? There is a guy that sells the whole getup on ebay for 80 plus 12 shipping, so almost 100 bones. Wondering if thats as cheap as it will cost. Or if somewhere local would be cheaper.

1978 XS1100E "Partsy"

Work Hard, Play Harder!

Comment

Working...
            X