You guys did it again - success!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You guys did it again - success!

Thank you so much guys. NO MORE SMOKE, purrrrs like a kitten and runs like a scalded cat. I tightened up the jets that were loose, tuned the idle mixtures by ear as someone suggested (1 1/2 turns out is best) and got my carb synch tool hooked up and synched the carbs. They were way out, but now they're as close to perfect as possible. Just for good measure I put new plugs in too. It's warm here so she starts with no choke and revs great. Thank you so much for all the help!
    '79 XS11 Special, fork gaiters, Uni pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, ditched the octy, solo seat, T kat fork brace

Purrs like a kitten, runs like a scalded cat

Instead of starting a new thread everytime about the success of our advice, you should post it in the thread you were given advice... that way when the next person reads that thread they know it was a success! And we save server space... Congrats though.
    '79 XS11 F
    Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
    Stock, no title.

'84 Chevy K-10 "Big Blue"
    GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Comment

You're right, I will do that in the future
      '79 XS11 Special, fork gaiters, Uni pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, ditched the octy, solo seat, T kat fork brace

Comment

Originally posted by 11Rider View Post
        You're right, I will do that in the future
        Or duplicate your posting in the relevant thread....
        XS1100F 1980 European model. Standard. Dyna coils. Iridium plugs. XS750 final drive (sometimes). Micron fork brace. Progressive front springs. Geezer regulator/rectifier. Stainless 4 into 2 exhaust. Auto CCT (Venturer 1300) SOLD. New project now on the go. 1980 European model.

Comment

Glad ya got things working!
          Nathan
          KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
          K&N Filter
          #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
          OEM Exhaust
          ATK Fork Brace
          LED Dash lights
          Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
          SS Brake Lines
          Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Yes, basically everything you guys said it could be was out of whack and it was all carb related. I was worried that it could have been bad valve guide seals or stuck rings. I still can't believe I actually didn't screw in two of the pilot jets. I'm really liking the sound of the pods when you're on the throttle too Now I'm going to fabricate some kind of support for them to take any strain off the intake boots.

BTW, the Motion Pro synch tool worked perfectly and I got it off ebay for 78 bucks. Some guys have said the liquid gets sucked up into the intake, but mine never went much higher than 6". Maybe they didn't put the restrictors in the tubes??

Comment

Working...
            X